Not losing weight very fast

Options
2»

Replies

• melmck2011
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments everyone! I needed the slight reality check :)
  • wolfpack111
    Options
    I am so glad you posting something like this because I have been struggling with the same thing! thanks!
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    read later
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So I'm 5'4". Starting weight 173, currently 169. I've been on MFP for almost a month and I'm just wondering why the weight isn't coming off faster. I eat between 1200-1400 calories per day, drink tons of water and exercise 5-6 times per week burning on average 500 calories per time. Any thoughts or suggestions as to why the weight isn't coming off faster?

How fast should you be losing weight? Fad diets are where false hopes and shattered dreams happen; they make promises that will take your money without any real results. I've seen people drop fifteen pounds in two months on fad diets, and then gain it all back with a vengeance. What is your rush? When you gained weight, did you ever say I want to be one hundred and eighty pounds in a month? Probably not. It happened over several years.The same thing applies when it's time to lose weight the correct way. If you have a calorie deficit of five hundred calories a day, it'll take an estimated week to lose one pound of weight. So, after four weeks, you might have only lost four pounds, if you're lucky.The longer you log, the more weight you'll lose.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It would unrealistic to expect to sustain more weight loss per week than you are. 4 lbs in a month is great. Some people can't even get that high. Those with a LOT to lose may be able to lose more initially, but that will slow. And if I've learned anything...some weeks, you won't lose at all. I have to find motivation from somewhere other than the scale reading when that happens.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 160lbs, and have lost about 3 pounds in 3 weeks. I was discouraged for a while too. Hang in there, and stick to the plan! 1 pound a week is just right! (Took me a while to see the first pound drop)

Good Luck!
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. Sometimes we just need to hear that... I am on the 6 month part and I know exactly what you mean on all stages. Felt it all. It needs to be a life style change and just know you are healtier and feeling good...