BRAS

2»

Replies

• strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    bump
  • I love Soma intimates. They are great quality and if you catch a sale, they can be pretty cheap.
  • i like the just my size bras, they have a great one that hides side and back fat
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    I'm either a 36D, or a 34DD, definatly alwys try on 2 sizes, no one bra size ever fits "great" you can say you are a 36DD all you want, but sometimes, something else may fit better. However, with that being said, I understand the bra delema way to much. I have issues with sports bras, I love how they keep the girls under control when I'm out exercising, but they seem to pull on my neck, so I end up "doubling up."

I do and have always loved my Victorias secret Bras, semi annual clearence is the best. I have also heard of allure in Brookfield, WI. A good comfortable bra is unfortunatly going to cost some money, go to the semi-annual victorias secret sale. I hope it helps, I also heard Queen latifah has some greatBras for women.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    I used to hate underwires and avoided them at all costs... until I had a proper bra fitting at Cacique (Lane Bryant). I learned that my girls need the underwire to provide the proper lift and support (currently a 38DD). I have been wearing underwires from Cacique for several years now - my faves are the balconnette and demi styles. They often go on sale, like buy one get one half off, or buy 2 get 3rd free, that sort of thing. Yes they're expensive. But good bras aren't just about making the girls look good - they're also about providing proper support and minimizing back pain, etc. If you're reluctant to buy a bunch, just get 2 or 3 good ones and handwash them - they dry overnight. It sucks having to buy in-between clothes, but in some situations you just have to - particularly if you have a job that requires you to dress in business attire. Good luck!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 717 Member
    I would highly recommend that you go to a department store or VS and get fitted. I was annoyed by my bras and found that I was in the wrong size. This was my judgement after losing 90# and none that I had fit correctly. I picked up a few in WalMart and they were so annoying. I went to VS and was fitted. Now my girls are happy and so am I.

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    I'm jumping on the VS bandwagon .. .go get fitted and while their bras are expensive they are well worth the money.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Before buying bras, make sure you are actually 36DD. "A lot" of women are that size.....or so they think. I was one of them. I thought I may have shrunk down to a 34DD; while my cinch went down, it turns out my boobs were bigger than the largest stores tend to go: 32G/GG

A couple websites I watch for sales are Bare Necessities and Her Room. I just recently bought two bras for $17 apiece, which is practically impossible to do in my size.
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    I sympathise with all of you! I'm dropping weight and it's costing me a fortune! (Happy problem that it is!) I've been looking
    at bras the past few days, with the idea of buying the cheapest and best as I intend to pass STRAIGHT through! Reading your
    posts has given me an idea and I'm going to try it out today if I can find them instore...

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack-Hook-Bra-Extenders/dp/B003LEHCMG?extid=ps_ggl_KeywordlessAds_KeywordlessAds&kwid=|pcrid|6090567147|kword|bra%20extenders|plid|

The above is a link for a UK website but there may be something similar in US? Hope it works!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Hi

I would do some googleing to find how to measure yourself as it can vary and ask a friend to help measure you. Once you have the right size I would go for walmart. In asda (uk walmart) they do loads of good bras with and without underwires starting at £6.

Whilst I have been losing weight I go for these as I am having to buy a smaller size every couple of months. Once I have reached my goal I will treat myself to some really nice ones.

I started at 38DD and am now 36C/D.

martyxxx
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I prefer the cotton bras from Victoria's Secret. I like the demi ones with the underwire, the racerback, and the wireless for when I am working (wireless goes best under a ballistic vest...) The cotton ones are cheaper than just about any of the other ones that VS offers, plus they are really comfy. I just bought 2 a couple of days ago and the total was under $50.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Before buying bras, make sure you are actually 36DD. "A lot" of women are that size.....or so they think. I was one of them. I thought I may have shrunk down to a 34DD; while my cinch went down, it turns out my boobs were bigger than the largest stores tend to go: 32G/GG

A couple websites I watch for sales are Bare Necessities and Her Room. I just recently bought two bras for $17 apiece, which is practically impossible to do in my size.

And before you all say you never heard of a size G, etc~ I said the same exact thing until I measured myself properly.

I THOUGHT I was a 38DDD and it turns out I am a 36J!! Now that I have lost some weight, there is some "puckering" in the cups. I'm hoping that once I lose a significant amount of weight, my "girls" will be a more common size and I can buy bras in any stores.

I have bought bras from both the websites mentioned in the quoted post and yeah, there a little expensive but I prefer to look and feel as confident as I can even if I am not happy with my weight at the moment.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    I like bali style 3394 and olga style 35040 (from kohls, I think.) They have a wrapped underwire and no side wire to poke me. And when they're on sale they're like 15 dollars. Also, make sure you've got the right size... Too big in the cup and the underwire pokes me all damn day.