Health professional thoughts

Options
Just wondering if there are alot of health professionals who use this site and/or recommend it to patients. I told my doctor about it at my last visit, after shocking him with a 16 lbs loss in three weeks, and he wrote down the website and was very interested in checking it out.. I think it is great and extremely helpful to me, and I am curious to know medical experts opinions of MFP.

Thanks & have a great Friday!

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor, nurse or credentialed medical provider. I work in Labs and medical admin.

However, any MD is likely to like MFP because it simply helps you figure out how to eat less and lose weight and does so within medically acceptable guidelines.

There is no gimmick here to look out for and is pretty similar to what a nutritionist would recommend for the most part.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I know that there are a lot of us nurses on here. Not sure about doctors or dieticians.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    It was highly recommended by my nutritionist. On my visit this week, she told me she uses it too.
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I told my Dr about it and she was super excited said she had people all the time asking if there was anything out there to assist with tracking. She said she has not had time to look.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My doc was thrilled when I told her about it in March. She said she was going to try it out but I don't know if she ever did. My ortho liked it too. My docs like it because I explain that it is NOT a set diet, just a guideline and if you follow it, you will lose weight.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I am on it....and I recommend it to all my patients, with the caveat that I will not be their friends on the sight.....several have used it and love it.....some still are looking for the magic pill, which I wont give out....
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I work for a medical school and a lot of the physicians that I work with LOVE this site and praise it's effectiveness and the guidance that it gives. They highly encourage the idea of food logging and finding a support system, which I whole-heartedly agree with.