not much change in weight, but a difference in measurements!

Options
I've been getting down lately because I have felt like my weight hasn't budged in a while. I've just been stuck. So I just went through my measurements to see if I've at least been loosing any inches. I'm proud to say that since June I've lost 0.5 in from my neck, 3 in from my waist, and 2.5 in from my hips!! To me this seems pretty great. I just started taking measurements of my arms, thighs, and calves, but I think there has been a change in them as well. It was such a relief and great feeling to know that even though the scale hasn't budged much, my body is still changing for the better and the work I put into this is totally worth it :)

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    your post was my status update this morning....i feel ya

scale doesnt show the whole picture of how your body is changing and we need to really absorb the positive message that the tape measure can give

hang in there and the scale will catch up eventually!
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    I am in the same boat....I have been eating 1200 calories a day and exercising and the scale just won't move as much as i think it should!! But, I can feel my arms and legs getting stronger. Maybe, I am losing inches too!!! Feel free to add me as a buddy for encouragement!!!
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You go girl! That's so exciting. I'm glad you're seeing results somewhere besides the scale.
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I posted something similar to this on my wall last night because I'm super frustrated with the scale ... I went back and pulled my old measurements from WW in April .. come to find out I've lost about 7.5 inches since then ... I'm trying to find solace in that but my brain really REALLY wants to see the scale move off of the weight it's been at since July 4th! One of my friends said "eff the scale, embrace the tape" and I suppose that's a good way to look at it but damn I wanna see the number move!! Keep on keepin on ... hopefully the weight drops!!
  • PreciousTreasure8117
    Options
    I have been frustrated with my scale not moving for the past month now. After reading your post I was reminded to look at how much healthier I am becoming and how much my body is changing. Thank you for posting your experience. It has really helped me and I believe I will start measuring my body now and not solely rely on the scale! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!