New here

Options
Hi there! I'm new to MFP - just moved here from a much more complicated site. It was getting too stressful to log on everyday, so I went in search for something new. This seems simple enough, I think, so I'm going to give it a try (cheat on my other site for a while - try it on, you know, see how I like it)! I've been trying to change my lifestyle since June 2008 (well, really for most of my life, but this time...). Did really good with the diet for a while, never really got into the exercise part, then strayed from the diet also. This time, I'm going back wards (for me - has anyone else read "Confessions of a former fat girl"? Great book - I'm going to try her advise on for size). I'm going to try to work on exercising first, logging my food, then start reining in the food once exercise has become a habit. (I think they say it takes 2 weeks to form a habit. I wish that were true for me, but that's the guideline I'm using anyway!)

Sorry for the long post. It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you!

Replies

• saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new to MFP - just moved here from a much more complicated site. It was getting too stressful to log on everyday, so I went in search for something new. This seems simple enough, I think, so I'm going to give it a try (cheat on my other site for a while - try it on, you know, see how I like it)! I've been trying to change my lifestyle since June 2008 (well, really for most of my life, but this time...). Did really good with the diet for a while, never really got into the exercise part, then strayed from the diet also. This time, I'm going back wards (for me - has anyone else read "Confessions of a former fat girl"? Great book - I'm going to try her advise on for size). I'm going to try to work on exercising first, logging my food, then start reining in the food once exercise has become a habit. (I think they say it takes 2 weeks to form a habit. I wish that were true for me, but that's the guideline I'm using anyway!)

Sorry for the long post. It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP and congrats on the start of your new weightloss journey. Don't think of it as a diet but of a new way of life. That way you'll be more apt to keep the weight off once you reach your goal weight.
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Welcome Saryann!

Great support here. Very easy to keep track of food. Do fill in information and weight loss goals as this determines calories required. Also track your excercise calories burned and eat slightly less than that and you will notice a trend lo loosing weight!!! :drinker:

Good luck on your journey.