Going to a baseball game tomorrow/don't know what to eat!!

Options
I am going to a baseball game tomorrow night (GO BRAVES!) and I am worried about the food! I have looked on the venue's website but there's no menus/nutrition info. I have JUST gotten back on track from a long hiatus of making bad decisions. I've been to the ball park before but that was when I didn't care about what I ate. I never looked to see if they had salads/wraps etc....anyone have any info or advice? Thanks!

Replies

• stephaniehope
    stephaniehope Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would eat before you go, or take in your own food (if they let you do that, I know Rangers Ballpark lets us do that)... that way you not only keep control over your nutritional decisions, but you also save money! What an added bonus! :-)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    It might cost you a little bit, but eat at the place in RF before the game.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I find that many ballparks now search your bags on the way in and they let you bring bottled water only.

I say stick to the hotdog. They are better at the ballpark and calorie-wise not so bad. You can get that and share a bag of peanuts with some of the other people you are with. And take in a bottle of water--chances are they will let you do that.

Many ballparks in the US have gone a bit more gourmet as well. There might be other food options. Just stay away from the nachos covered in the fake cheese sauce, the popcorn, the giant sodas and you'll be fine.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go. Take some healthy snacks of your own (if they allow you to bring in a small cooler - a lot of places will let you, but it has to meet some pretty tight specifications).

One hotdog probably won't kill you, but I'd stay away from fries and some of the other greasy foods they offer. Drink plenty of water and try to avoid alcohol as it is a lot of empty calories.

Most of all? Go and have a great time! Enjoy the game and try to not let the food side of it overshadow the fun of the day! :)
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I go the Indians games all the time and they have a few healthy options, even Subway. I always take healthy snacks with me too.
  • rtholgash
    rtholgash Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would say a hot dog without the bun....diet soda. Thats what I would try and stick to....
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Personally... if I am going to a baseball game i would run in the morning and enjoy my hotdog, beer and bag of peanuts.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    couple hot dogs and a beer never killed nobody. It's like a rite of passage at a ball game!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    I am going to a baseball game tomorrow night (GO BRAVES!) and I am worried about the food! I have looked on the venue's website but there's no menus/nutrition info. I have JUST gotten back on track from a long hiatus of making bad decisions. I've been to the ball park before but that was when I didn't care about what I ate. I never looked to see if they had salads/wraps etc....anyone have any info or advice? Thanks!
    Forget eating, just drink beer. Seriously, how do you NOT enjoy a game if you're so worried about eating? How do you enjoy the game? Compensate. Exercise an extra 30 min or reduce the calories you eat a meal before.
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Forgot to mention that the tix have an added $10.00 food coupon included and I'd hate to waste it. I don't drink so I won't have to worry about those empty calories. I think I am going to get a grilled chicken sandwich and see if they have a side salad instead of fries!!! Thanks so much!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    Personally... if I am going to a baseball game i would run in the morning and enjoy my hotdog, beer and bag of peanuts.
    This^. You're there for the entertainment and fun. Life is too short to worry about a few hundred calories.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have some great replies and a plan in place... but just for anyone else who is in this situation, check with your ballpark regarding what you can bring in!

I'm in Denver and have been to any number of Rockies games, and you can bring in pretty much anything. Most recently I took in a gallon ziploc bag of cherries, they had no problem with it! You can bring in any of your own food, as long as it doesn't take up a lot of room (for example, you can't bring in a huge box of pizza... but if you bag up the pizza into ziplocs so it takes up less space... you're good.) I always take fruit now. =)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I would say a hot dog without the bun....diet soda. Thats what I would try and stick to....

You did ok until Diet Soda.

It's the worst for you.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I *personally* would eat before I went. If that isn't an option maybe a grilled chicken sandwhich or if you get anything else just only eat half :) Enjoy!
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Forgot to mention that the tix have an added $10.00 food coupon included and I'd hate to waste it. I don't drink so I won't have to worry about those empty calories. I think I am going to get a grilled chicken sandwich and see if they have a side salad instead of fries!!! Thanks so much!!

I didn't even see this...lol. Def don't let it go to waste. :)