Cardio Trainer app and a few questions

Options
JNettie73
JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
I have been a member of MFP for about 3 weeks now and I have a few questions.

I wanted to know if anyone uses the Cardio Trainer app for andriod? I use it when I am doing my workouts and post my results to facebook. Then I come on here and log my exercise for the day. I know it is a bit redundant but this really keeps me accountable. I have noticed there is a discrepancy between how many calories burned on Cardio Trainer and how many calories burned on here. For example today I did a 36 minute aerobic workout (high/low impact). Cardio Trainer estimated I burned 567 calories. However when I logged 36 minutes of aerobics on here it estimated I burned 397 calories. Obviously I like the estimated calorie burned from Cardio Trainer better than the estimated burned on here, but I go by what MFP is estimating since I log all my foods through here. Just out of curiosity does anyone know which one is giving the more accurate estimate. In the long run the number does not really matter much to me, as I am just happy I am moving my wiggly jiggly tush and on the road to a healthy life style.

My second question is about exercise calories. I noticed when I work out MFP gives me extra calories for the day. Many days I am full from my regular calories and cannot eat the extra ones. Do I have to eat my exercise calories as well? Or am I fine if I just eat my normal amount of calories for the day.

From the beginning I have been making small changes each day and I am already seeing results. I could not be happier. Thanks in advance for helping me with my questions.
~Jeanette

Replies

• JNettie73
    Options
    Just another question. Can anyone recommend a decent scale that I could purchase for my home that is reasonably priced and is accurate? Thanks again.
    ~Jeanette
  • JNettie73
    Options
    BUMP.....anyone have any thoughts?