? for parents of little ones

Options

Replies

• crazynay96
    Options
    haven't read everyone's reply but this is also a good indication that you may need to go up a size. ;) I prefer pampers cruisers buts thsts just me. my little guy was a huge wetter too, going up a size ALWAYS did the trick.
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I always bought the generic brand at Walmart, I think it was called "Parent's Choice". It worked just as well as the expensive ones.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Aside from getting up to change her during the night; you can get plastic diaper covers (Gerber makes some). They are very useful when pottty training BTW :wink: My only concern though would be that she would get a rash. With one of my girls we always used Huggies, with other Huggies gave her a rash so we stuck with Pampers. Funny how each kid is different!
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    Someone said it already, sounds strange but the Dollar General diapers are the best ones I have used with my kids.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    This is likely just a stage that she'll get through. I, myself, use pampers because my son always leaked through Huggies.

same.
  • starpi22
    starpi22 Posts: 74
    Options
    Both Huggies overnights and Pampers extra protection (overnight diaper) Come in size 3. I recommend buying a small package first because those diapers tend to run more expensive. Also she might need a bigger diaper, my son always started leaking though when the diapers were getting too small.
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    luvs works for us, parents choice, and believe it or not the dollar general brand diapers are probably the best we've ever tried. lol

aren't you lucky! my little one breaks out in a diaper rash if we use any off brands. pampers, luvs, or huggies are the only one's that don't bother him. we usually put him in pampers.

My son breaks out in rash in any other brand but Huggies, Costco, or Albertson's brands.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    thanks so much for the suggestions guys! will have to try out a few of your suggestions and see how it goes!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    i didnt know they made overnight diapers, in a size 3 do you know? As for Luvs, they give her a rash

Yes.. the first time we found them was at Toys-R-Us but the closest one stopped carrying them. Now we get them from Amazon.com (my 2 yr old is a skinny minnie and still in size 3)... Subscribe & Save and the Mommy program (whatever it's called)... two month supply of Huggies Overnights for $15.00.

p.s. Munchkin also gets rashes from off-brand diapers and Pampers. I swear by Huggies.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    oh, that will happen at various stages of growth. Sometimes they are in between nappy sizes or their little body is just changing.

I suggest asking some friends who use different brands to give you a few to try out (if possible), or buy some small packs of different ones to try till you find the one that works at this stage.

In the meantime, use a chux or washable waterproof pad under the bum to save you washing sheets every morning.

Good luck.
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    ya my biggest problem is she has gotten used to having a bottle right before bed so we get a fresh diaper and jammies on and then have her bottle and she goes right to sleep

my son is the same way.
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    i didnt know they made overnight diapers, in a size 3 do you know? As for Luvs, they give her a rash

Yes.. the first time we found them was at Toys-R-Us but the closest one stopped carrying them. Now we get them from Amazon.com (my 2 yr old is a skinny minnie and still in size 3)... Subscribe & Save and the Mommy program (whatever it's called)... two month supply of Huggies Overnights for $15.00.

p.s. Munchkin also gets rashes from off-brand diapers and Pampers. I swear by Huggies.

WOW does amazon have pampers in bulk too? i've been buying a box of 92 for like $25 at wal-mart.
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    Both Huggies overnights and Pampers extra protection (overnight diaper) Come in size 3. I recommend buying a small package first because those diapers tend to run more expensive. Also she might need a bigger diaper, my son always started leaking though when the diapers were getting too small.

this is true too. my 19 month old wears a size 5 in a diaper.
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    PAMPERS CRUISERS!!

My first daughter was ok with any diaper, so she was able to use any generic store brand which for daytime was fine. But night time, she leaked, so I used Pampers Cruisers. They were her 'night-time' diapers.

Now with my 2nd child, she has very sensitive skin and kept getting diaper rash off and on until I realized it was the diapers themselves. The only brand she wears now are the Pampers Cruisers, and she doesn't leak, and hasn't had a rash since. They are more expensive but worth the nice dry rash-free baby bum. Hopefully my next box will be the last... Potty training...
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    good luck with potty training! im still a ways off on that dang it lol, will have to check out the pampers
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I need it. My girl is a Cars and Toy Story fanatic, so I am buying 'boys' pull-ups (with those characters on them). Now that I'm talking to her about 'panties', she wants 'woody-buzz' or 'mcqueen' panties. Do you think she would be scarred for life if her first pair of panties were boys underwear? :ohwell:
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    Thanks, I need it. My girl is a Cars and Toy Story fanatic, so I am buying 'boys' pull-ups (with those characters on them). Now that I'm talking to her about 'panties', she wants 'woody-buzz' or 'mcqueen' panties. Do you think she would be scarred for life if her first pair of panties were boys underwear? :ohwell:

lol heck no, i say whatever motivates her to go potty would work for me!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    That's what she said....
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I swore by Pampers Cruisers for both of my kids...... They never failed me and held in some huge messes if you know what I mean. That being said I really think it all depends on body type.... each kid is shaped different and you just have to figure out by trial and error.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Huggies night time ones work a lot better for heavy wetters.

That what we used, and they worked great!