Other People Can Make Me Feel Shame

Options
Hey all, I have been using this site for a little while, occassionaly reading the boards and I realized 'why am I not participating?' So... here I am, participating. I'm sure if I have to admit to others how my weight loss struggle is going, I will actually DO something, for fear of being shamed :bigsmile:

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I have been using this site for a little while, occassionaly reading the boards and I realized 'why am I not participating?' So... here I am, participating. I'm sure if I have to admit to others how my weight loss struggle is going, I will actually DO something, for fear of being shamed :bigsmile:

• gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    good luck to you in your weight loss journey. I know you will do it!
    It can be scarry posting your thoughts/feelings for the public to scrutinize but most ppl on here are pretty nice and offer good advice.

Best to you!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

Just remember most of us are in the same boat and are so wrapped up with our weight issues that we could never think poorly of yours. :happy:

Does that even make sense?? lol :laugh: See!?
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I've made alot of posts and I've yet to come across someone who has hurt me in the forums! You're in a good place:heart:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • Lsayne
    Options
    Hi all,

I am currently dealing with the guilt of huge binge this afternoon. No even sure of all that I ate. Never admitted that before-never posted before.

Thanks for posting so I don't feel so alone
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    Hi all,

I am currently dealing with the guilt of huge binge this afternoon. No even sure of all that I ate. Never admitted that before-never posted before.

Everybody has their weak moments. On Monday I ate almost an entire large chocolate bar. It equaled out to be about 1600 cals. It was Belgian with Halzelnuts :love: and I have many an excuse for it's consumption. We just gotta start again the next day.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    A chocolate bar that is 1600 calories! HOLY CRAP!!!! Ha-ha! That must have been some bar!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Shame, shame, shame on you, for not posting sooner.

Welcome to MFP
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    A chocolate bar that is 1600 calories! HOLY CRAP!!!! Ha-ha! That must have been some bar!

No kidding. You could have eaten like 6 kit kat bars or something like that. If I was going to splurge with that many calories I would have had CHEESECAKE
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

No kidding. You could have eaten like 6 kit kat bars or something like that. If I was going to splurge with that many calories I would have had CHEESECAKE

Chocolate mousse.... Ah crap. Now I'm thinking about it. :embarassed:

Thank you all for the kind welcome :bigsmile:
  • Lsayne
    Options
    A heart felt thanks.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good for you for finally posting!!! :drinker: :drinker: :wink:

Best of luck to you!

-Tami
  • DBranchaud
    Options

to say it lightly.........it was roughly the length of my laptop keyboard AND DANG WAS IT GOOD!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Glad to see you've jumped in and posted:flowerforyou: Welcome
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Welcome:flowerforyou: It does help doesn't when we don't feel alone....so glad you jumped in as well:heart::drinker: