Anyone planning a vacation for weight loss reward?

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
Where are you planning/ hoping to go, and why did you choose that place?

I want to go to some place where I can swim in a natural body of water -- maybe a beach, or a river. Haven't picked the exact location yet, though.

Replies

• lrodriguez83
    Options
    I am!!! I am planning a cruise!!!!
  • mafeld28
    Options
    I LOVE that idea! A vacay to celebrate your hard work!
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Not a vacation but I am thinking about getting a tattoo.
  • jlzoda
    jlzoda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    San Francisco end of September! Goal is 30lbs. gone by Sept. 27th!
  • crazynay96
    Options
    By Christmas day I must loose 72 lbs! I'm going to Disney World! I want to be healthy enough to walk around and enjoy my time and have enough energy and strength to walk walk walk walk walk. I went 10 years ago when I was half the size I am now and it was A LOT of exercise then. I've already paid for our family vaycay so not doing it is not an option! On the right track.. - 12 lbs in 3 weeks! I can do this.. still much more to go and another 60 once I get back from Disney!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options

I want to go to some place where I can swim in a natural body of water -- maybe a beach, or a river. Haven't picked the exact location yet, though.
    Just make sure to exercise. Vacations are one of the reasons people gain weight.
  • suse75
    suse75 Posts: 33
    Options
    I was thinking about a Euaropean tour next year - be a sexy blonde babe touring the romance continent ;~)

LOL, shivaslives - I dreamt that I got a tatt to celebrate...I'm just too much of a pain wuss to actually do it tho :)
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    Going to Cuba to renew our vows! Wearing the dress I really wanted to wear on my wedding...a nice flow destination wedding dress, not a big dress with lot's of support.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    LOVE the beach.... San Diego or Virginia Beach are in the cards... or both! Keeping my fingers crossed =)
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am! Im planning a cruise with my best friend for next year sometime, and a trip to vegas for my 21st birthday next may as well!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I wish I had money for that.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Just make sure to exercise. Vacations are one of the reasons people gain weight.
    I will definitely be careful! In the past, I used to actually LOSE weight during vacations because I ate vacation-y quantities of vacation-y foods at home anyway, and I got more active on the beach... But now that I exercise regularly and eat healthier, I'll have to make sure my vacations are healthier than they were in the past, too!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Panama City Beach is beautiful. Emerald waters, white sand, an plenty of tourists. You'll love it. Haha. Seriously. It's a great place. I live here.
  • bbjnkidz
    bbjnkidz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My sisters (there are 5 of us) and I are all planning a vacation, probably a cruise, in the next year as a reward for reaching whatever personal goal we set for ourselves. A few of us are getting fit, some quitting smoking, and others have other goals. We are spread out across the country and haven't all been together in about 16 years. This is going to be a real treat!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Wasn't necessarily planned as a "reward", but it sure is going to be one.

Back in January, I would never have imagined that I would be going to Kauai. Sixty pounds lighter. Comfortable in a bikini. And excited about the chance to RUN those beautiful trails.

And even more, confident enought to know I will enjoy drinking my beers on the beach after those runs.

To those who have also reached this type of "REWARD"... congratulations!!! For those of you still workinging at it, stay strong, it is beyond worth it!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    We are! When I lose 100 lbs total - 21 down (79 to go). I would like to achieve this by June of next year (I started MFP on 5/18 so about 1 year later). He said I could pick anywhere. We are thinking of Bora Bora.
  • Coppercutie
    Coppercutie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am planning to go see the Monarch Butterflies in Mexico early in 2012. I have not attached a wt goal/fitness level to the reward; all I am requiring is that I keep the journal daily until that time. Keeping the journal helps me more than anything else.
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm planning a trip to NYC in October. The goal is a 20lb loss. 7 down - 13 to go!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Panama City Beach is beautiful. Emerald waters, white sand, an plenty of tourists. You'll love it. Haha. Seriously. It's a great place. I live here.

PCB is a great place to visit! But there are plenty of nicer beaches in the surrounding area. I would search the Gulf Coast. Not going to find a better beach.
  • martini83
    martini83 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes, i want to go and spend a month in america, ive always had a interest in going there. And then on to italy for a couple of weeks to meet my grand fathers family and sight see a beautiful country!