cottage cheese suggestions please!!

Options
reneeot
reneeot Posts: 773 Member
Anyone have any good ideas for cottage cheese? Need help finding ways to eat it, I dont' like it just as is!

Replies

• LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese and vanilla protein powder! :)
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like mine with fruit such as strawberries or pinapple.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Hate it, but when the question was asked before everyone seems to put fruit in it.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Today I ate mine with fresh cracked pepper and just a teeny sprinkle of parmigiana cheese :) I also like mine with pineapple, mandarin oranges, purple grapes, really any sweet but slightly acidic fruit :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to eat it?
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I found some no sugar added pears (Dole) that I mix into a cup of cottage cheese and it is delicious! They are mini cups so no measuring necessary! You can also add pepper for another variation. It really does add a little something to it instead of just plain.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Try adding sugar free jello if you want to sweeten it up. I add tomatoes and different spices to mine. I have only been eating cottage cheese for about three weeks now. Before that I NEVER ate it except cooked into other foods like lasagna. I have found that I actually like it in small amounts.

Just play around with different fruits or veggies to see what tickles your fancy lol.
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Either with fruit or mixed with curry powder :) Those are the two ways I usually eat cottage cheese.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I friggin' LOVE cottage cheese! ughhhh. I eat it with lots of stuff. Sometimes fruit, sometimes pretzels! hah. I got husband doing that too. yum.
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use it with chives in place of cream cheese on a bagelthin. Don't miss the cream cheese at all! Yum!
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I mix it with yogurt. So Yummy!!! Also with low sodium tuna on crackers.
  • bradlenhart
    Options
    Tomatoes, chives (green onions) and black pepper...
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i like cinnamon and truvia, or blueberries and honey, or granola and truvia.

watch out on it's sodium! It bites!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I usually use a spoon but if there aren't any clean ones a fork will do. If I'm looking for a challenge I like to ball it up in my pants and suck it through the fabric.
  • jbiancad
    jbiancad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like mine with strawberry jam
  • onaboatafloat
    Options
    Sprinkle a little cinnamon!
  • goatflavor
    Options
    Mix with low-fat swiss and add some dill. Or mix with low-fat cheddar and add chile powder for some zip.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    on a baked potato yummy x
  • samulli
    samulli Posts: 8
    Options
    I mix it with Rotel (canned diced tomatoes and green chilis) but fresh tomatoes and chilis would be excellent as well!
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    chop up a banana and add some almonds. yum....