4 Day Camping Trip

Options
I started my "life change" 3 weeks ago, so still quite novice. I am worried about not being able to track activity as much or how to plan my meals in the wild? Any ideas about low cal camping meals?

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I believe the fresh air & sunshine automatically reduces the calories in any food by 200. and s'mores are calorie free if you eat them standing up.

I'd say, just eat sensibly (as you can) enjoy exercising the the woods and have a GOOD TIME

My ex husband had a camper, we went there every weekend. I don't miss him but I sure miss camping
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    turkey burgers, turkey hot dogs, whole wheat buns, kebobs (load up on the veggies), you could pre-cook lentils and mix them with quinoa for a whole protein meal and take it (heat it up over the campfire), grilled veggies already sliced to save time...steaks (watch your portions), pan fried sweet potatoes sprinkled wih slenda/salt/pepper...the list is endless...have fun camping!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I have a nice grill for camping, which is very easy for me to cook. Depends on how well you can keep your food cold, try:

- bring eggs, great for breakfast / lunch / dinner
    - cook some bean at home (for example, black beans), or bring a healthier version of canned baked beans
    - marinate chicken breast, pork chops or steak (thinly sliced for faster cooking)
    - homemade burgers & whole grain buns
    - vegi: sweet peppers, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, tomato, lettuce, celery
    - whole grain bread
    - peanut butters (good for making a quick PB&J sandwich, or snacks) & jams
    - cereal (easy access breakfast & snacks)
    - natural (uncured) chicken or turkey hotdogs (from Trader Joe's or Whole food)

Enjoy your camping. We will gonna have another one in earlier Sep.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Keeping in mind that your body will not react well to junk after you've not had it a while, you'll be burning so much energy I wouldn't worry tooooo much about it. After 3 weeks you probably know what the right amount of food 'feels' like, so just pay attention to that. If you're hiking, biking, or whatever you're doing...check out the calorie burns online ahead of time to give you an idea. When we do all day or half day hikes the calorie burn is awesome and I never really am physically capable of eating back all my exercize calories.