Replies

• unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    "And thats the reason America is obese!"
    "Life is too short to be unhealthy"
    "Life it too short to waste time eating dessert"
    "you can be happy and fat, and I will be happy and skinny" LOL

^this... or just give them the finger and move on... :)
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I avoid this entirely by never turning down dessert when offered. :wink:

I hate the phrase "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

I've been skinny. I've been overweight. I've been (now) healthy and fit. There's loads of things that taste better than skinny felt. I don't care if I have to work harder. I'm having the cake, dammit! :laugh:

Brilliant!
    Whoever originally said "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." has obviously never tasted good chocolate.
  • Determined1980
    Options
    These type of people make me SICK!!!!! I have a mutual friend that goes out of the way to tell me all the time, how unhealthy it is for me to run and is always making comments when I order. I know why she does it though, she is the overweight, unhealthy and UNHAPPY!

I like the previous comment , "it's the wide that I am worried about!" and

And thats the reason America is obese!"
    "Life is too short to be unhealthy"
    "Life it too short to waste time eating dessert"
    "you can be happy and fat, and I will be happy and skinny" LOL

Great come backs!!!!!!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, there is NO SUCH THING as a "fattening food." No food, when eaten as part of a balanced diet, will automatically make you fat. That's not how it works.
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I avoid this entirely by never turning down dessert when offered. :wink:

I hate the phrase "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

I've been skinny. I've been overweight. I've been (now) healthy and fit. There's loads of things that taste better than skinny felt. I don't care if I have to work harder. I'm having the cake, dammit! :laugh:

Brilliant!
    Whoever originally said "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." has obviously never tasted good chocolate.

This was first said by Kate Moss... Anorexics never taste much of anything, so to them nothing literally tastes as good. Ha!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I don't usually get it real hard but if I say I really want some ice cream but really shouldn't have any then I get people who look at me weird and tell me just to eat it so I have to fight my own craving along with them saying I should eat it. :(
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Ok I am so happy to read that other inlaws put your food choices down! I thought I was the only one that has to deal with this ****!! We go to my inlaws just about every Sunday and my husbands mom makes dinner. I am not just talking dinner I am talking like a 20 course meal with anything you can think of, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, ect, ect. The list goes on and on. It is SOOO hard for me to go out there and hardly eat anything. She makes nothing healthy! In fact I watched her make a ceasar salad once and she dumped the full fat dressing on, then put SUGAR on it. (who does that!?) I was like way to make a salad super unhealthy!!!!!! That is when I made my decision to not eat when I go out there. I make it a point to eat before and politely decline their food. Also it drives me crazy because my husband has been working on his health to and when he goes out there he totally goes out of control with his eating. It is so gross.

Ok that was my vent. :) Now on to more positives!
    Dont let people remarks get to you. You are doing the best thing for your body. I just think of how horrible I feel after I eat like ****. I think of how all I want to do is take a nap and who wants to nap their life away? I love how I feel after I have eaten healthy and worked out, and that is what makes me keep going!
    Stay strong!!

The sugar on the salad got me... omg! *gag*
  • lhoppe
    lhoppe Posts: 10
    Options
    I tried for years to teach my mom about healthy eating; she was disabled from uncontrolled diabetes, so I did most her grocery shopping. Never forget the time I served her up some low-fat cottage cheese and she asked me to get the "salad dressing." I said "salad dressing???, on your cottage cheese?" She proceeded to wheel her chair to the fridge and put a big blob of MAYONAISE on top of her healthy serving. Somehow she managed to turn everything healthy into a very un-healthy meal. Pizza delivery was her favorite meal. One large pizza in one sitting. Now that is depressing....All I can do is change my outcome and help my own kids to make healthy choices.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I lie and tell them I had donuts at breakfast and I'm full or some other bu***kitten*..
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Silence works most of the time.

If I am at a table with friends and one of them makes a comment like that. Or says,"I don't have time to log all my food."

I just don't say anything and let their comment linger for a second. It makes them really think about what they said or why they said it. Even if they don't act like it.