Muffin tops/love handles

Options
Hi!

Does anyone have a TRIED & TRUE way of exercising to strengthen the muscles where these problem areas are? I can google this too, so I'm really just looking for people's advice who have had & conquered the problem already. thanks!

Replies

• clareedear
    Options
    my love handles are so much better just by going to the gym doing my side stretches! You cant do them at home.
    I've been doing alot of Pilate rolls at home though (if you google this they will show you a video of how to do them). I find these are toning my lower abdominal area (or muffin top area should I say!) Good luck :) x
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You can't spot treat anything. You have to burn fat over your entire body.
    I reccomend weight lifting and HIIT; High Intensity Interval training. 30 secs all out, 90 secs recovery.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'd say look up back exercises and exercises that help you have better posture. That should help. I know if I stand up perfectly straight I don't have any...but the way I normally stand I do have some. So posture and back muscles are def. important.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I have been doing pilates for 2 years and then was working out at the gym from last Sept till May and still had muffin top. Not till here recently when I committed myself to a circuit training program on DVD for 90 days did i lose all that and finally have a 6 pack. Good luck to you hun!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    time. dedication. a commitment to healthy eating and sensible exercise. that's how you take care of your muffin top/love handles.