Give me advice...

Options
... I'm staying true to my calorie intake, hitting mostly good nutrition, doing well over all and CRUD!!! I'm steadily gaining!!! If I drop my calorie intake any more I probably won't be able to get out of bed!! Any Help out there??

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary it would be easier to give you some good advice.
  • jackieb79
    Options
    What is your daily calorie intake? Are you exercising?
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Your scale could be going up, because your building muscle! I say don't drop your calorie intake, keep working out, and you will soon see the scale drop again.....that happened to me when I first started working out..
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Really need to see your diary before I can suggest anything.
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    Yea, open up your diary and let's see where we can help you !
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    Ok so,.... I don't take a food diary online... I do it on paper so I can take it with me always. My intake is between 960 and 1228 with a weekly average of 7420 according to a calorie schedule I got online for weight loss for a 120 # female.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Take your weight
    multiply by 14 calories if you have a desk job, 18 if you are a professional marathon runner)
    That is how many calories you should eat in order to maintain your weight. You eat less then that and gaining weight? Your metabolism is shot to hell. Eat, have a very small deficite, eat your exercice calories and you will be able to repaire the damage you did.
  • jackieb79
    Options
    Be sure you are drinking enough water. Water is essential for breaking down fat.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Can't view your food log, so hard to say for sure...
    But, this happens most commonly when someone is too low on their calories. Try adjusting your calories UP by 200-300 a day (I think you can do this manually, but if not, change your "goal" by 1/2 lb a week). If you feel like you don't have enough energy to get through the day, chances are you aren't getting enough to eat, and your body wants to hang onto every little bit. Your metabolism bottoms out.

Give it a try for a few weeks. If you're still gaining or still feel so low on energy, I'd get a doctor's appointment and rule out any other possible conditions.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Have you tried measuring yourself? It's possibly you are shrinking the fat but building the muscle.
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    Can't view your food log, so hard to say for sure...
    But, this happens most commonly when someone is too low on their calories. Try adjusting your calories UP by 200-300 a day (I think you can do this manually, but if not, change your "goal" by 1/2 lb a week). If you feel like you don't have enough energy to get through the day, chances are you aren't getting enough to eat, and your body wants to hang onto every little bit. Your metabolism bottoms out.

Give it a try for a few weeks. If you're still gaining or still feel so low on energy, I'd get a doctor's appointment and rule out any other possible conditions.

Man... I am literally sooooo scared to do this.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Ok so,.... I don't take a food diary online... I do it on paper so I can take it with me always. My intake is between 960 and 1228 with a weekly average of 7420 according to a calorie schedule I got online for weight loss for a 120 # female.

Just saw this after my last post. This is your problem. Your intake should be 1200 a day at least. When I weighed 120 lbs (at 5'0") I was maintaining at about 1800 calories a day, though I was pretty active. I got to 120 on 1600 calories a day with 1-2 hours exercise (mix of cardio and weights/resistance). Went from about 135 to 118 in 9 weeks. So there is no way you need to eat 960-1228 only for that weight... it's killed your metabolism
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Way to low for someone that has a tiny bit of weight to lose
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It seems counter intuitive to eat more, but this thread might help explain:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/302589-eat-more-to-lose-more-explained
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people grossly overestimate the weight they are gaining by putting on muscle vs. just plain old weight they are gaining.

That said I think your body is holding onto water weight and its making your weight loss slow. It just happens when you diet.

My suggestion is stick to it, do a little more cardio, and just know that results will happen, but they will be very slow going.
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    I think a lot of people grossly overestimate the weight they are gaining by putting on muscle vs. just plain old weight they are gaining.

That said I think your body is holding onto water weight and its making your weight loss slow. It just happens when you diet.

My suggestion is stick to it, do a little more cardio, and just know that results will happen, but they will be very slow going.

Thanks for this... I need to stick to it for sure & I haven't had time to exercise to speak of.... a little here and there... I have 6 kids & when 5 of them start school I'll get back to the cardio & weight training.