Did anyone else check out the sky?

Options
watch48win
watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
Just wondering if anyone else went outside to see the Moon, Venus and Jupiter the past 2 nights.....just came back inside for checking it out again......the moon is a little farther away from the 2 planets tonight....but still cool.

Replies

• watch48win
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone else went outside to see the Moon, Venus and Jupiter the past 2 nights.....just came back inside for checking it out again......the moon is a little farther away from the 2 planets tonight....but still cool.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    We saw that when we were in PA for Thanksgiving too! When Jupiter was aligned with Venus!

WAY cool!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Is it still going on? I haven't looked since we got home because the skies are so clear and it's SO dark out there that we had such a great view!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    We can see it here very clearly every night, in AZ. We are planning on going to a "star Party" friday given by a local astronomy club and get a closer look! :wink:
  • watch48win
    Options
    Is it still going on? I haven't looked since we got home because the skies are so clear and it's SO dark out there that we had such a great view!

Yes, we just came in from outside. The moon is higher in the sky than last light, but way cool to check out a plant that is 93 Million miles from Earth....just a science geek at heart.:wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Yes, we just came in from outside. The moon is higher in the sky than last light, but way cool to check out a plant that is 93 Million miles from Earth....just a science geek at heart.:wink:
    I'm a geek in general so I can appreciate it!! haha! I'm heading out later so I will check them out again then!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    We saw that when we were in PA for Thanksgiving too! When Jupiter was aligned with Venus!

WAY cool!!!!

aquarius.jpg
    I couldn't see it Max.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    IT's really clear here in OBX NC, too. I tried to get a picture but unsure if it will show up -- they say we won't be able to see the planets like this again for like 50 years. Too cool!!
  • Lib1927
    Lib1927 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeah we could see it here too, but the photos I got of it weren't very good.
    3074452110_3f84cdfc72.jpg?v=0

Not my photo!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    IT's really clear here in OBX NC, too. I tried to get a picture but unsure if it will show up -- they say we won't be able to see the planets like this again for like 50 years. Too cool!!

Hey Renae! I see you're from Stumpy Point! My dad's family is all from Hatteras and Frisco--long time Outer Banks family line.
  • watch48win
    Options

Not my photo!
    cool pic...we went out and took some pics...not sure how they are going to look once hubby gets them uploaded.
  • Lib1927
    Lib1927 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not sure where that pic was taken, but here in Australia the 'eyes' seemed much closer together.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

my hubby told me that all the plants are supposed to do this in 2012. He also told me that this is when they say the end of the world is coming. Not sure I believe them but hey we might be able to see a couple more of those planets
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

my hubby told me that all the plants are supposed to do this in 2012. He also told me that this is when they say the end of the world is coming. Not sure I believe them but hey we might be able to see a couple more of those planets

I havent met my weight loss goal yet so the end of the world will just have to wait.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options

They're supposed to align on December 21, 2012- the last day of the Mayan calendar and will apparently be the last day of our existence. I'm not so sure how much I believe this, but if you look it up, the evidence is eerie.

Regardless- It's been so overcast I haven't been able to see it!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Alas, the only moon we could see was in the bedroom... too much snow in the air! :tongue:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Alas, the only moon we could see was in the bedroom... too much snow in the air! :tongue:

Oh well, thats all behind ya now.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

Oh well, thats all behind ya now.

Well, it certainly wasn't Uranus :noway:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Not my photo!

Looks like a smiley face.

My hubby is a star nut (he use to teach an astronomy class) and pointed it out to me. I'm actually surprised he didn't have the telescope out. I remember a couple of years ago when Saturn was doing something in at 5:30 in the morning and he drug me out to look at it.