WORKIN ON MY FITNESS =)

Options
HELLO MY NAME IS ANGIE, MY GOAL IS TO LOSE 38 POUNDS SO I CAN FEEL COMFORTABLE IN MY OWN BODY.. I EXERCISE 5X A WEEK, BETWEEN A HOUR TO HOUR & HALF A DAY.. I DO LOTS OF CARDIO THRU OUT THE WEEK, & ONE DAY OF WEIGHTS . MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS DIETING. A GOOD ONE IS HARD TO FIND & STICK WITH, ANY SUGGESTION WILL BE HELPFUL =)

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work! It's all about making changes that you can live with forever! Work towards eating lots of lean protein, veggies, fruit, whole grains, lots of water.... fresh/natural foods are always best. Try to limit prepackaged/processed foods as much as possible.
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Is your subject line a Fergie quote?
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    HELLO MY NAME IS ANGIE, MY GOAL IS TO LOSE 38 POUNDS SO I CAN FEEL COMFORTABLE IN MY OWN BODY.. I EXERCISE 5X A WEEK, BETWEEN A HOUR TO HOUR & HALF A DAY.. I DO LOTS OF CARDIO THRU OUT THE WEEK, & ONE DAY OF WEIGHTS . MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS DIETING. A GOOD ONE IS HARD TO FIND & STICK WITH, ANY SUGGESTION WILL BE HELPFUL =)
    I would just stick to your recommended calories but try to include plenty of fresh fruit and veg, wholegrain pasta, bread, rice etc and plenty of lean protein like fish, chicken, turkey, game meat or offal (if you like that sort of thing - I love liver and kidneys!) Also make sure you drink plenty of water and try to avoid processed food. That should see you right. Good luck with it :D
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! Sounds like you are doing a great deal of cardio and exercise, good job!! This site is awesome for tracking calories in and calories out along with connecting with people through the forums and helping to motivate and encourage one another. The problem with "diets" is they are too often nothing but a fad, they are not sustainable for more than a few weeks at a time and once you fall off the diet wagon you gain the weight you lost back quickly. Using this website to log calories has been so beneficial for me, its made me realize and be accountable for what I eat. It has made me so much more aware. Follow the calorie guidelines set up in your profile and consume whole, natural foods - like lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies. This site can help you lose the lbs you want to lose. Best of luck!!!
  • april925
    april925 Posts: 28
    Options
    working on my fitness, she's my witness :)
  • angeebae
    angeebae Posts: 13
    Options
    YES ITS A FERGIE QOUTE =)
  • jamie1888
    Options
    working on my fitness, she's my witness :)

;)
  • angeebae
    angeebae Posts: 13
    Options
    THANKS GUYS!!
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work! It's all about making changes that you can live with forever! Work towards eating lots of lean protein, veggies, fruit, whole grains, lots of water.... fresh/natural foods are always best. Try to limit prepackaged/processed foods as much as possible.

Yeah, agree!~

lots of water - and increase strength training too - muscle helps you to burn fat!
  • jamie1888
    Options

Yeah, agree!~

lots of water - and increase strength training too - muscle helps you to burn fat!

Yes! I'd make it a point to get in 3 strength training days per week.. lifting heavy. It's OK to cut back on some cardio to get in enough strength training.