What is your motivation...

Options
...to lose weight, become fitter etc etc

Why do you want to lose weight, and what are you doing to change?

Does anybody motivate you to do this?

Replies

• looovely_x3
    Options
    ...to lose weight, become fitter etc etc

Why do you want to lose weight, and what are you doing to change?

Does anybody motivate you to do this?
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Well I am doing it for myself first of all but also for my bf, I want to be HOT! I want to lose weight because I've been over weight my whole life and sick of it! I have lost 50lbs on my own but have gained 30 back so on the losing track again. I find this site is amazing!! I have met some amazing ppl and the keep me motivated! Also just my increased energy and seeing my body getting smaller makes me keep going! I do have my cheats and bad days still but Im human, going to have those days!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my health. I am not getting any younger and when I die I dont want it to be MY fault!! :wink:
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    My motivation is my kids and myself. I'm losing weight for them so I can be healthy and to teach them to be healthy. I watch what I eat and work out at least 5 days a week.:bigsmile:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    My health first then every other person and reason.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my kids and myself. I'm losing weight for them so I can be healthy and to teach them to be healthy. I watch what I eat and work out at least 5 days a week.:bigsmile:

Me too! My sister said to me the other day that my kids will be so much healthier than we were because I'm setting an example and providing healthy choices....we used to sit down with a tub o' popcorn topped with a stick of melted butter and a packet of powdered cheese, and we didn't know that was bad! I want to teach my kids to be healthy, I want the energy to keep up with them and I want to be a hot mom!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good in my own skin.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I can agree with all these reasons so nothing I will say will be original. But heres my top five:
    1. To live healthy in to my golden years(I work at an old folks home and see what a sedentary life does, I wanna be a marathon runnin scuba diving granny)
    2. To be a role model for my overwt counterparts/friends who think they cant do it
    3. To be healthy in the NOW and happy in the NOW
    4. To r4un a marathon and do a triathalon(hopefully do boston at least once)
    5. To be a hottie!!!!!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I can agree with all these reasons so nothing I will say will be original. But heres my top five:
    1. To live healthy in to my golden years(I work at an old folks home and see what a sedentary life does, I wanna be a marathon runnin scuba diving granny)
    2. To be a role model for my overwt counterparts/friends who think they cant do it
    3. To be healthy in the NOW and happy in the NOW
    4. To r4un a marathon and do a triathalon(hopefully do boston at least once)
    5. To be a hottie!!!!!

3. To be healthy in the NOW and happy in the NOW - I LOVE THIS REASON!! I live for the same. The now is it. Otherwise you will never be happy. Exercise makes me happy. So, why leave it till tomrorrow?
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    My motivation...

I've always said "I'll have the body I want by XXX" and it's never happened.
    The second I stopped worrying about the first 10 pounds I gained 10 more over 4 months!
    I have clothes in my closet I've only worn a few times
    My husband is working on getting into better shape.
    I feel as a nurse I should practice what I preach...it's hard to tell a patient how to lose weight when you are over weight.