Help to gain weight

Options
Hey everyone (whoever reads this)!

I joined MFP in Jan. or Feb. of this year looking to lose about 20 lbs of baby weight from my daughter. Well, I went from 143 to 120 and I am not happy with it!! I am looking too thin and my mom even asked me today if I had an eating disorder lol...uhh no!! I actually eat a ton, although it's a ton of the wrong things (pizza, ice cream, etc.). I would really love to gain about 5 lbs of it back, but not 5 lbs of fat. I thought about maybe a high protein diet, but I don't think that is too good on the body...idk? Then I thought about what type of workout I can do without loosing weight. I really need some suggestions and help and please nobody say, "Go see a dr." because this is not the result of an eating disorder. I am still breastfeeding my 2 yr. old daughter plus chasing her around all day lol and I think that is why I may have lost more weight than I wanted to. Any help???

Replies

• eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I would go to 40-30-30 for your ratio (carb-protein-fat). Make most of your exercise strength training and toning exercises.

Make sure to get tons of fuel for your body before and after you workout so that you gain muscle and don't lose more weight.

Also, you can set MFP to your own goals, so I would try to gain a those five pounds over the course of a few months.

Hope this helps!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I would go to 40-30-30 for your ratio (carb-protein-fat). Make most of your exercise strength training and toning exercises.

Make sure to get tons of fuel for your body before and after you workout so that you gain muscle and don't lose more weight.

Also, you can set MFP to your own goals, so I would try to gain a those five pounds over the course of a few months.

Hope this helps!

Yep. My advice would be the same, including setting yourself to a slow gain.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Eat 250-500 calories above your maintenance level. Go to My Home -> Goals -> Change Goals, and tell it you want to gain 1/2 lb or 1 lb per week. Then hit the calorie target MFP gives you. If you're still losing weight, then manually adjust the calories up. Eat the exercise calories (that should go without saying, but around here you never know)
  • shassen
    shassen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    add a little bit more food to every serving you have, and start working with weights a little bit. that should help you gain muscle and no fat.
  • mama050709
    mama050709 Posts: 100
    Options
    PROTEIN AND CARBS! HEALTHY ONES!!!!! I say you need to talk to your DR!
  • tasiac23
    tasiac23 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for the advice! :)