Newbie measuring questions

Options
Apologies if this is really silly but what's the best time to take your measurements?

I'm guessing it's first thing in the morning?

The reason that I ask is because I'd taken my measurements just after I'd eaten lunch and I'd lost two inches from my breast measurements and I'd lost an inch from my hips but I'd gained half an inch on my waist :(

Please help!

Thanks,
Sugar x

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter as long as you're consistent with your measuring. I personally measure first thing in the morning because my measurements are always smaller in the morning before I eat anything. ;)
  • Bjninja
    Bjninja Posts: 44
    Options
    I do everything in the morning, right after I use the bathroom. Your weight and measurements fluctuate so much during the day that you should do it at the same time, every time, to get the best results. If you do it after lunch, you might be measuring the food you just ate! Mornings are always best for a clean slate and a fresh start.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Mornings are always better :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Sugar_Dumpling
    Sugar_Dumpling Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fab thank you sooo much!!!

I was really gutted to have lost inches but gained 0.5 inches on my waist but had eaten a pasta salad for lunch and just thought mayb the pasta had made me bloat a bit :O

Sugar xx