Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need some vacation tips

I am planning a week long vacation and I need some ideas of some healthy snacks to bring. What are your favourites? Do you have any tips on eating good while eating out?

Replies

• runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    almonds and jerky are two of my favs!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    www.snackgirl.com
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    My fiancee and I are going camping labor day weekend, vacations and eating healthy are hard. I do take some dried fruit with me, a great snack. Tortilla chips, triscuit crackers, wheat thins. plenty of water! Last time we went camping with these friends, and last time they saw me I weighed 170, I am now 160.5, and hope to be between 150-155 when I see them next.

Eating out, get grilled, and any sauce have on the side, you use less, trust me the chiefs 9 times out of 10 load up the sauces on things. Salads are great, if you have a choice between fries or fruit, get the fries, and grilled low fat meats. I hope this helps a little.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Where are you going on vacation?
  • mpcass
    mpcass Posts: 86
    when eating in a restaurant split meals with someone. My wife and I started to do this and it makes it way easier to stay with-in your calorie and fitness goals, it is also alot easier on your wallet.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I would recommend asking if the restuarant has smaller plates of entires. Ask if there is a light and healthy? Drink at least two glasses of water before you go to eat? Go ahead and plan out your days in advance if you can where to eat and make your snacks ahead of the trip. I hope this helps you on your vacation. I hope you enjoy your trip. Have you decided where your going on your vacation?
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    Bought some jerky and almonds and I also bought gum to control the cravings. Thanks!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    lara bars
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    ooh what are lara bars? I will have to google those. We are going on a houseboat with friends and everyone is bringing snacks and so I wanted to plan some healthy choices to bring along. Thanks for all the tips! You guys are awesome! And I like the tips on eating out.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Lara bars are snack bars that are made from dried fruits, nuts, spices, etc. They are awesome.... and healthy. Easy to grab and go.
    If you are bringing stuff, maybe homemade hummus and carrots and whole wheat pitas for dipping? Easy and yummy.
  • Another idea is to buy some low cal low fat frozen deserts to keep in hotel room such as weight watchers. That way if your feeling the need to indulge you can do so without going crazy. Remember even if you do have a day you go off track don't let it get you down, just try harder the next day. The experts at biggest loser say that going SLIGHTLY over your calorie intake once in a while can help your metabolism because it doesn't know what to expect so it will stay burning high amounts of calories just in case! Good Luck!