Not Hungry

Has anybody found that after doing this program for a while makes you "not hungry"/ I know it sounds strange but I just don't seem to want food lately. I'm not sick or anything - just not hungry. I'm doing 1350 calories per day - think I'll go down to 1300 or even 1250 starting next week. Any thoughts?

Replies

• I've noticed that I don't get hungry as frequently and that when I do, it's not as urgent. Not the "EAT NOW!!!" that it I'd sometimes experienced before, more of an, "um, if you wouldn't mind feeding me, please".

I think a lot of that has to do with getting excess sugar out of my system. My hunger cycle seems much more smooth now.
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    I agree. Have to make sure some days I eat the calories. Which is good. My life isn't revolving around food so much now.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Sounds to me like your body is back in balance. I would keep your settings the same so you don't lose more per week than is considered safe for your body. Plus, if you stick to the 1lb/week you are more likely to keep it off for good!

I would make sure to get some sort of physical activity in each day (even a 1/2 hour walk) and eat healthy whole unprocessed foods every few hours.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Yep same here, Since MFP, I now eat because I have to, morning breakfast, my usual snack, lunch and then dinner :) Before it was like Eat Eat Eat again, UUuuu whats that?! Eat, Eat, LOL I feel a lot better now! =D
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    i've noticed that the closer i am to having my macro nutrients aligned the less likely i am to crave sweet treats...which is pretty amazing!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    The more you follow a particular "diet," the less your body craves. The more you eat, the hungrier you are because your body is trained to think that way and vice versa. Keep the calories MFP has for you if you're trying to lose. Continue to eat regularly even if you're not hungry, even if its small snacks.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Yep same here, Since MFP, I now eat because I have to, morning breakfast, my usual snack, lunch and then dinner :) Before it was like Eat Eat Eat again, UUuuu whats that?! Eat, Eat, LOL I feel a lot better now! =D

NOM NOM NOM. :)
  • looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    I find I am actually eating more food then I was before, but better quality, and it fills me up more so I can avoid late night snacking
  • looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    I find I am actually eating more food then I was before, but better quality, and it fills me up more so I can avoid late night snacking