When to weigh

My question is should I wait to weigh myself after I work out or do it before? I can't do it first thing in the morning because I have to go to my mom's to use her scale.

Replies

• Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    I weigh first thing in the morning because I am afraid different clothes will make a difference in my weight plus I have already eaten and drank water so I weigh before I dress in the morning after I empty my bladder. I have seen people at the gym weigh themselves before and after a work-out.
  • I have a spreadsheet for when I do my 30 Day Shred and I weight and measure after my workout.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    My question is should I wait to weigh myself after I work out or do it before? I can't do it first thing in the morning because I have to go to my mom's to use her scale.

I would weigh before your work out, but as long as you do it the same each week it shouldn't make too much difference :)
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    I don't think it really would matter, but I'm not an expert. I would thnk as long as it was the same time every day it wouldn't matter if you weighed pre- or post-workout.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member

Here's a great article on the subject:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    If you weigh after a workout, it is totally a waste since you will have sweat out water and the weight will be inaccurate. Definitely before a workout, but you should buy a scale and do it in the morning for the most accurate results.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    There is no "perfect" time to weigh.... Most people tend to weigh in the morning right after getting up before they consume anything, but you already said this option is out.

Its funny because I weigh myself all the time...I only count weekly Thursday morning weigh-ins, but I like to see and find it interesting to weigh at different times of the day to see how food is sitting with me and so forth. The time that I consistently (on a fairly day to day basis) weigh the least amount is in the early evening before dinner. This would be after my afternoon/evening workout. So for me, I'd weigh after the workout, but there really shouldn't be much difference....

What is really important and you should take away from this is that whatever time of day or place you weigh, just keep it consistent from week to week. So if weighing at your moms do so relatively the same time of day and in the same manner (clothing on or off, having just used the toilet, etc etc)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    never =] !
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    What 27strange said. It doesn't really matter as long as you're weighing in at about the same time every day/week.