What do you find the hardest strength exercise to be?

Options
I find leg raises absolutely horrifying! I'm so red and puffy! Planks aswell...

What about you guys?

Replies

• spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    oh legs raised is my hardest too, its a killer but apparently its the best abs exercise to do, probs why its a killer lol. I used to hate planks but since I do them every day, and can hold one for 1 min 30 and still trying to push to do longer.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is a "plank"?
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Have you tried up/down planks??
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love planks, they are extremely hard but I feel so proud of myself.
    I HATE lunges, I do them but hate them.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Arms! My upper body is SO weak!
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    this is a plank http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQmRINu4jU

yeah i do the up and down planks that hurts a lot, i also try and do side planks each side for 30 seconds
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    dive bombers =[ i can't do a pull up, so how about that :P
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Dumbbell lunges. I think I have PTSD now, after doing lunges and then finishing off with a superset of deadlifts. (I'm not even kidding, really lol)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Pull ups, I can only do 3. Also most ab exercises.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    To echo a few others: lungeslungeslungeslungeslunges. I would do 100 squats before 20 dumbbell lunges. Unfortunately, that's how I know I need to do them. *grumble*
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I really suck at pull ups... so I hate them, lol.
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    Pretty much anything with my arms that's like planks... and I haven't tried to do pull ups since high school and that was a LONG time ago haha.

I also can't do leg lifts with both legs at the same time. Whenever I do it, I get a pain in my lower back by my butt that increases with every one I do. But then I tried doing one leg at a time and that's fine so I do it that way. Might not be as effective, but it's better than nothing.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Single Leg Lateral Squats with resitance are an absolute killer when done with proper form. Also Single Leg Front Squats with back leg isolated on a stability ball.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Normal pushups - I tend to do the modified version more than the normal...
  • athenagold
    athenagold Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lunges and push-ups. I'm so weak lol
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian squats.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    The Full Squat.

"There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that provides the level of central nervous activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat."

-Mark Rippetoe
  • gailosborne
    Options
    shoulder press
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    burpees. the worst. i just can't do it.
    if you are wondering what that is:
    you start in the standing position, drop to a crouch, with your hands on the floor. jump your legs straight out behind you, landing in a plank/push up position on your hands and toes. jump back into the crouch with hands still on the floor. then jump to standing position. do as quickly as possible. do it until you puke. for me, that's like, two.
    I just don't do it any more.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Was going to say lunges, but I hate Burpees too! Lunges and squats have given my rear end some pretty good definition, though, so they are definitely worth the pain. Burpees, can't do them, so they probably win.