Vitamins

Options
Anyone have a suggestion on a good one a day type vitamin that is high in calcium? I have a milk allergy so I know I'm lacking calcium but not sure what I need from there!

Replies

• melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I take a product called ZEAL. Has everything in it. I hads labs drawn all all were normal and on the good side
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Just be cautious of your quality especially hard vitamins. If you can find a liquid tab or liquid vitamin that works if you are looking for a hard vitamin you have to do your homework. I recommend nutrilite or herbalife I have used both and are amazing! A test you can do is take a hard vitamin drop in a glass of water and white vinegar half and half and see if it EVER dissolves...

Other one bake it on a cooking sheet for 10 minutes around 400 degrees and it will either turn back into powder GOOD or melt into a black pile gooey mess.. BAD
  • victoriashea
    Options
    Try a Zipfizz! It's got everything you could ever want and more.
    Seriously, if it had any more health benefits it would probably make you fly.
  • mizzFEE20
    Options
    "Alive" is a new nature's way daily multivitmin-multmineral for men & women it has 26 fruits & veg with resveratrol,acai,lutein & pomegranate they big but i love them.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Just be cautious of your quality especially hard vitamins. If you can find a liquid tab or liquid vitamin that works if you are looking for a hard vitamin you have to do your homework. I recommend nutrilite or herbalife I have used both and are amazing! A test you can do is take a hard vitamin drop in a glass of water and white vinegar half and half and see if it EVER dissolves...

Other one bake it on a cooking sheet for 10 minutes around 400 degrees and it will either turn back into powder GOOD or melt into a black pile gooey mess.. BAD

Thank you!!!
  • JeffMcClinton
    Options
    Oh geez! now I'm scared to take the mens one-a-day I bought! Any one have experience with them? I was thinking I'd just take a calcium pill too since I didn't see any vitamins that were overly high in calcium
  • JeffMcClinton
    Options
    By the way, Thank you for your help and advice!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    This is good to know! Thanks!

• jkleman79
    Options
    Oh geez! now I'm scared to take the mens one-a-day I bought! Any one have experience with them? I was thinking I'd just take a calcium pill too since I didn't see any vitamins that were overly high in calcium

Well you dont have to worry about them turning into black gooey stuff in your stomach they dont change into anything really. You just pass them right through. Hence why they are bad because they do nothing for you. Look for a vitamin that has a vegetable coating to hold them together.

The nutrilite vitamins you can actually take the lot number on the bottle call them in and find out where each plant came from that went into that bottle. They are very specific. Also the herbalife ones are potent enough I didnt need to take anything anymore to keep me awake.. I would drive all night on vitamins. THEY ROCK! They cost about 26 bux a month.
  • Becky1971
    Options

Well you dont have to worry about them turning into black gooey stuff in your stomach they dont change into anything really. You just pass them right through. Hence why they are bad because they do nothing for you. Look for a vitamin that has a vegetable coating to hold them together.

The nutrilite vitamins you can actually take the lot number on the bottle call them in and find out where each plant came from that went into that bottle. They are very specific. Also the herbalife ones are potent enough I didnt need to take anything anymore to keep me awake.. I would drive all night on vitamins. THEY ROCK! They cost about 26 bux a month.

So the liquid ones are fine though? And with ones that aren't good, you mean they have no value to them at all. Nothing in them that's going to do your body any good? I always had a hard time with taking vitamins, I would get really bad headaches. I found that Childrens didn't do that to me. Then I stopped taking those cause of the sweetner, and tried nature made liquids, they don't give me a headache at all. But I know I'm not using up everything in them. Is it better to have ones you take twice a day?
  • jkleman79
    Options

So the liquid ones are fine though? And with ones that aren't good, you mean they have no value to them at all. Nothing in them that's going to do your body any good? I always had a hard time with taking vitamins, I would get really bad headaches. I found that Childrens didn't do that to me. Then I stopped taking those cause of the sweetner, and tried nature made liquids, they don't give me a headache at all. But I know I'm not using up everything in them. Is it better to have ones you take twice a day?

I think its better to take vitamins twice a day over once so you get all you need but you are getting it in doses. Your body is only gonna use what it needs at the time so if your giving it a full days allowance all at once its gonna use what it wants and flush out the rest. So space it out and get something you take more than once. Headaches may be from the vitamins since everything reacts to people differently but it may be because they are not a good source of vitamin. Maybe the liquid you are taking is working for you cut the dose in half and take it twice a day so you are getting all of its benefits.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I take gummies. Regular vitamins make me sick.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I take RawOne for Women by VitaminCode. Love them! They have a mens version as well. I also take extra calcium on the side due to the BC I'm on...not something you'll ever have to worry about, lol.
  • jkleman79
    Options
    For people reading this that do not take vitamins consider a couple things.... The recommended daily allowances have not been changed since the 50's so if you still have the same daily activities and schedule as someone from then then you dont need vitamins. For example Vitamin C is mostly effective around 500MG or higher RDA for vitamin C for a entire day is 30mg.

Another disturbing story from the horses mouth... a gentleman I know works in a cereal factory as a food engineer creating new cereals. Well when they first started adding vitamins to the cereal and they tried it was nasty so the way to fix it was to spray the vitamins on first then bake it (hence baking off all the vitamins they just put on) but hey they are not lying to you that they did at one point put vitamins on the cereal...they are just not on there anymore. Found that very wrong....but hey thats our FDA for ya.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    For people reading this that do not take vitamins consider a couple things.... The recommended daily allowances have not been changed since the 50's so if you still have the same daily activities and schedule as someone from then then you dont need vitamins. For example Vitamin C is mostly effective around 500MG or higher RDA for vitamin C for a entire day is 30mg.

Another disturbing story from the horses mouth... a gentleman I know works in a cereal factory as a food engineer creating new cereals. Well when they first started adding vitamins to the cereal and they tried it was nasty so the way to fix it was to spray the vitamins on first then bake it (hence baking off all the vitamins they just put on) but hey they are not lying to you that they did at one point put vitamins on the cereal...they are just not on there anymore. Found that very wrong....but hey thats our FDA for ya.

Very interesting stuff. I take GNC vitamins. I may try the oven thing. I take a daily pack of like 4 different ones. I do notice I have bright yellow urine for most of the morning. I may try to split them all in half then take twice a day just to see if there is a difference.
  • jkleman79
    Options

Very interesting stuff. I take GNC vitamins. I may try the oven thing. I take a daily pack of like 4 different ones. I do notice I have bright yellow urine for most of the morning. I may try to split them all in half then take twice a day just to see if there is a difference.

Ummmm you try the oven one you may be disappointed...GNC is one we tested a few years ago that turns into a black gooey mess in the oven.. Unless they changed them since then. Definitely test them out.
  • jennmoore3
    Options

Ummmm you try the oven one you may be disappointed...GNC is one we tested a few years ago that turns into a black gooey mess in the oven.. Unless they changed them since then. Definitely test them out.

so, you are saying if they go all gooey, then your body flushes them out and doesn't absorb anything from them, right? So what do you recommend for a lady that also gives energy. I do feel better when taking them. I wonder if it is a placebo effect now...
  • jkleman79
    Options

so, you are saying if they go all gooey, then your body flushes them out and doesn't absorb anything from them, right? So what do you recommend for a lady that also gives energy. I do feel better when taking them. I wonder if it is a placebo effect now...

Yea a good vitamin should be held together by a vegetable coating. I use herbalife vitamins they are only around 25-30 a month and work awesome! You can literally feel energy from them.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, thanks for the tip. When I finish this bottle which is half empty, I will check herbalife out for sure!
  • Becky1971
    Options
    No wonder I was seeing alot of 500% and 1000% for vitamin C. Isnt it crazy what the food industry can get away with?