How to Look Good Naked

Options
Egger29
Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
The following guidlines were in a blog message I recieved today from Precision Nutrition, a leading source for Sport and Performance Nutrition created by Dr John Berardi. In an interview, he broke down "looking good naked" into 5 basic nutritional guidelines:

"Looking good naked doesn’t need to be as complicated as everyone makes it out to be. In fact, there are probably only five important things you need to think about. And everything else? They’re just distractions.

First, to lose fat, you have to gradually decrease your calories. In other words, you have to start eating less.

Second, to support your muscle tissue, you have to gradually increase your protein. In other words, eat more lean meat, chicken, fish, or whatever lean vegetarian source you choose. These foods help speed up your metabolism, help you feel full, and provide important amino acids.

Third, to create the right environment for fat loss, you need to gradually decrease your carbs. In other words, eat less sugar and starches – like processed gains. Eating too much of these foods can wreak havoc on your bloodstream, increasing hormones that lead to fat gain.

Fourth, to make sure you’re healthy throughout the process, you need to gradually increase the amount of veggies you eat. You can think of it this way: start replacing your grains with greens. If you do this, you’ll be getting more fiber, vitamins, and minerals.

And fifth, to support your metabolism, you need to gradually replace your bad fats with healthy ones. By adding things like olive oil, avocados, nuts, seeds, and fish oils, you’ll speed your metabolism and lose more fat than ever.

That’s really it. If you do those things consistently, along with a solid training program, looking better naked is a pretty simple process."

Cheers!

Replies

• mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sound advice :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Cool.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Berardi knows his stuff! He's very heavy into supporting any claim he makes with the cold, hard facts of solid research. I'd recommend reading any and all of his stuff!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great tips! Thanks for sharing :)
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Excellent read!! Thanks for sharing.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Good healthy advice.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Very nicely broken down - easy to understand for the newbies to the fitness world and for those of us who have been doing this for awhile it's a great reminder of the basic guidelines to health and fitness!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks but the ONLY way ill ever look good naked is with surgery lmfao!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks but the ONLY way ill ever look good naked is with surgery lmfao!

Me too girl!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    And I'm seeing this is VERY true since I changed my diet. I still have my flaws but I'm very pleased.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love this! So simply put, thanks!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Berardi knows his stuff! He's very heavy into supporting any claim he makes with the cold, hard facts of solid research. I'd recommend reading any and all of his stuff!

My own coach (Maria Mountain - Revolution Conditioning) referred me over to him as part of my hockey training I've eaten up every article at Precision Nutrition (pun intended).

The man truly knows what he's talking about and even offers a Certification Program which is a 8-16 week Graduate Study course that he teaches at the University of Texas - Austin. That'll be on my list for next year. :-)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    best way to look good naked.....

1. turn off the lights
    2. cover it with clothes
    3. lots of smoke and mirrors
    4. Body half...not a body double that is the problem already

LOL
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I just squint and shake my head from side to side - voila, super model :wink:
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    This is basically what I'm doing with my diet, (except this week, I'm on a cleanse diet) but I have changed my diet around to do all five steps you listed!! I don't feel like I look good naked yet but I'm 50 pounds closer and I look pretty decent in clothes....lol! It's nice to get some validation that I'm learning! Great post! Nice a simple!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    nice post and well stated guidelines.
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for breaking it down and making it so simple!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Exactly what I am doing. Good Advice!