I think I just proved my dedication to getting fit.

Options
My husband and I just recently (about 3 weeks ago) started cycling. We live in Scotland. As I'm sure you'll all know, it rains a lot in Scotland. We've been getting a lot of rain the last few days, there's flooding in a lot of places. The sun came out about 7pm so we decided we were going to go for it. By the time we got the bikes onto the car, it was raining again, lightly. We decided to go for it anyway. When we got about 1.5 miles into our ride, the rain started coming down heavily. He stopped under a bridge and asked if I wanted to go on, I just rode right past and continued on. We rode 7 miles. The rain never let up until we were on our way back at about the same place it started getting heavy. Needless to say, I was soaked when we got back, a hot shower has never felt sooooo good! But I didn't HAVE to do this, I did it by choice. Would never had done that 5 months ago before I started my life change.

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    that's impressive! once it was super duper cold here but i couldn't miss my jog at the time. i put ear muffs, 2-3 sweatshirts, pants, etc and did it anyway. Here in Texas, we aren't used to cold and it was COLD that day. It was pretty awesome.
  • abertawe2
    Options
    Excellent choice and well done for sticking to it :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    oops
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    great job...and fantastic NSV....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!