Good ways to visually mark your "great" days?

Options
I like visual feedback when I'm working for a goal, and seeing that I've done things right for so many days in a row helps me stay on track. So what are some ways that I can mark the number of "good" days I've had (when I've worked out, eaten right.) Sticky notes on the bathroom mirror? Quarters in a jar? I dunno. Suggestions? Things that work for you?

Replies

• whitejessamine
    Options
    Being a total geek, I keep a spreadsheet of my daily intake for everything I monitor. The good days are highlight in yellow so they stand out :smile:
  • KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is a good question. I was just thinking of that today. For me sticky notes are to messy and cluttered feeling - I was thinking of printing off a monthly calendar and X the days that I complete my work out - that helps me have a great day. Maybe something like that would help you?!
  • KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is a good question. I was just thinking of that today. For me sticky notes are to messy and cluttered feeling - I was thinking of printing off a monthly calendar and X the days that I complete my work out - that helps me have a great day. Maybe something like that would help you?!
  • tinkerbell9927
    Options
    Maybe you can try putting stickers on your calendar. :)
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Every time I have a good day I get to hit the scale with a bat. but thats just me ;)

But seriously every time I have a good day I leave a note for myself in the MFP food section after I finish logging my food and exercising. I post how much MFP tells me I will be in 5 weeks. And I try to keep with that....it works out pretty good for me
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Good star stickers ;)
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Being a total geek, I keep a spreadsheet of my daily intake for everything I monitor. The good days are highlight in yellow so they stand out :smile:

I would just like to point out the word "geek" means doing something that you love. So if your a geek by doing that...I am geek too. LOL
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Beads! Each goal achieved is another bead I get to string. Eventually I'll have a necklace to wear. :)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Every time I have a good day I get to hit the scale with a bat. but thats just me ;)

But seriously every time I have a good day I leave a note for myself in the MFP food section after I finish logging my food and exercising. I post how much MFP tells me I will be in 5 weeks. And I try to keep with that....it works out pretty good for me

thanks for the suggestion...will try!!!
  • dezcalouette
    dezcalouette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yup, I also use the sticker on the calender method. And when I go over my calories without any exercise, I put a big 'X' through the day, and sometimes put a little note or reminder of what caused me to go over (to prevent it in the future). My goal is always to only have a few X's, and as many awesome days in between as possible.
  • stephanielynn1108
    Options
    You could put dollars in a jar for every good day. Then after a month or so you can go shopping for new clothes!! :-)
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It would make a nice MFP feature.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    You could put dollars in a jar for every good day. Then after a month or so you can go shopping for new clothes!! :-)

i like this suggestion also!!!!