bad case of the munchies...

Options
nothing drug related. i'm already over my calories by 50 but i still have this insane desire to eat something, anything! i'm not hungry and i'm trying to distract myself...

what do you do when you get hit by the munchies (minus the drugs)?

Replies

• no8regrets
    Options
    nothing drug related. i'm already over my calories by 50 but i still have this insane desire to eat something, anything! i'm not hungry and i'm trying to distract myself...

what do you do when you get hit by the munchies (minus the drugs)?
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    go to bed... i mean it - go to bed - be done for the night and walk away from the food
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Chew gum! I'm having some now.
  • jobie51
    Options
    brush your teeth! it immediately takes the urge to eat away.
  • no8regrets
    Options
    thanks guys! definitely helpful!:flowerforyou:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    drink water is what I do and get away from the kitchen.....
  • Tanya25star
    Tanya25star Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ive heard water with a squeeze of lemon in it help curb the cravies...... Ive never tried it.
  • Rajuli
    Rajuli Posts: 10
    Options
    I like to eat pickles- they are really tasty and have like nothing in them!
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    I love pickles too, but they have tons of sodium. Which will definitely affect the scale reading... if you're bothered by that kind of thing. There are definitely worse things to go for when you're having cravings!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I do the whole go to bed thing too for several vices that I sometimes crave. It works. I always wake up with a new perspective and happy I didn't indulge on whatever that may be. But if I do succumb I always feel guilty and feel like I'm off the wagon. BUT I always get right back on by going to the gym the next day.
  • kr2008
    kr2008 Posts: 11
    Options
    drink water. it really helps
  • heidabear
    Options
    I eat slices of green bell pepper. They're crunchy and don't add much to my caloric intake. I find once I start eating them, I'm not really hungry anymore. LOL