Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mashed cauliflower

I'm looking for a recipe for mashed cauliflower.

I know there are lots of topics somewhere in here, I don't have time to look though every page to find it.

I am using this as a substitute for potatoes to make shepherds pie!

Thanks

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    I just cook it up (over-cook it really) so it mashes easily. Then for 1/2 a head of cauliflower, I add 2 triangles of laughing cow cheese (any flavor) and a little salt/pepper.
  • pbeans
    pbeans Posts: 42
    The best is to fix it just like you would mashed potatoes. I used sour cream & cheese and if you use low fat dairy products you can really cut down on your calories. It is really good this way.
  • mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    On the same subject- does it work to cook it in the microwave? If so, does anyone know how long?
  • Sandy9586
    Sandy9586 Posts: 6 Member
    If your trying to lose weight then I suggest, Steamed, smash it and add some molly mc butter, molly mc cheese or both. ;) I also do brocolli and carrots smashed with it. So yummy! Cant go a day without it.
  • suzyluzy
    suzyluzy Posts: 78
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if I could just do what I usually do, but it's just as good :)
  • jules563
    jules563 Posts: 26 Member
    bump
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Been making this for 7+ yrs only this is my variation and I use a food processor and my family thinks it's potatoes when I give them gravy.

I don't need the gravy it's so good!
    Oh and I use it for shephards pie too!

Kroger - Frozen Cauliflower, 1 container (4 cups ea.) 100
    Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Cream Cheese 1/3 Less Fat (8oz), 2 tbsp 70
    Spices - Pepper, black, 1 tsp 5
    Spices - Garlic powder, 1 tsp 9
    4 servings
    Total: 184
    per Serving: 46

Take the cauliflower and put in a Zip Lock Steam bag and microwave for 7 minutes.
    Then take it out and put it in the food processor or use a stick blender and add the cream cheese while it's hot and blend or process it. add in the seasonings and serve.
    It's really so good.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    bump
  • Bump
  • Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Bump