Bathroom issues...

Options
Alright, took me forever to post this because it is totally embarassing... but we're all in the same boat, right?

Anyone else experiencing problems with constipation after changing your diet?

So frustrating...

And not sure what I should be doing to solve the problem!

*Hope this was okay to post!* :blushing:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    Options
    Alright, took me forever to post this because it is totally embarassing... but we're all in the same boat, right?

Anyone else experiencing problems with constipation after changing your diet?

So frustrating...

And not sure what I should be doing to solve the problem!

*Hope this was okay to post!* :blushing:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yea, I have been on a low-residue diet for a few weeks now, and I am soooo not my 'regular' self. For me, it's because I have little fiber to reduce irritation to my large intestine, but it also reduces the mucous lubricant.

However, someone adding fiber can experience the same problems if the water intake doesn't match the fiber. Or going #2 can happen less frequently because a smaller volume of food makes for less solid waste.

Try natural things first--going for a fast walk or jog, drinking hot tea, increasing water, decreasing fiber just a bit.
    If that doesn't work, take a non-stimulant laxative. The stimulant type can cause painful cramps and lots of diarrhea which = dehydration.
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem and most of the time it is because I haven't had enough water. So drink some extra water first. If that doesn't help, I eat a big bowl of broccoli. Maybe sounds silly, but it always helps me. I will try just about anything before taking a medicine.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    you can also try magnesium! I did that for about a week and I got "normal" again.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere to drink 16 oz of water upon waking and it will help you to be regular. Nothing but water for an hour. It WORKED!! (I love experiments!!)

I now take a Omega 3 supplement, which had the side affect of helping in this area. (I suggest you take it before bedtime:wink: )

:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere to drink 16 oz of water upon waking and it will help you to be regular. Nothing but water for an hour. It WORKED!! (I love experiments!!)

I now take a Omega 3 supplement, which had the side affect of helping in this area. (I suggest you take it before bedtime:wink: )

:flowerforyou:
    Wow, I have been doing the water.......well I drink 24 ounces and then have a cup of coffee........but that's all I have for the first hour or so after I wake up. And I am......well...............good to go!! :blushing: :laugh:

I didn't even realize that was something to try but it does work!!
  • Tfitnesspal
    Options
    An apple a day! I know sounds corny but my doc said it will do the trick to keep you regular and he was right!:heart:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I have also noticed a change in my rest room frequency....I've been eating a bowl of raisin bran (sam's choice extra raisins) in the morning and by lunch time, I gotta go...yesterday I had 2 apples with peanut butter on the slices and boy! it didnt take much after that to get me going and I felt so much better afterwards....
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Try drinking your first glass of water in the morning luke warm :frown: and I find that beetroot cooked and eaten without anything on it (vinegar) helps me:laugh: