Still Getting The Hang of This...

Options
Today is Day 2 for me and I feel great. I have had no soda (I thought the headaches was going to kill me!) and have been logging everything that I have eaten. I have eaten smaller portions more often throughout the day. I am finding that I have a lot of leftover calories and available fat at the end of the day, but I don't really want to eat a bunch of crap at the end of the day. As it is, I leave my house at 6:00 in the morning and do not get home until 8:00 in the evening, so I am already eating dinner close to 9:00 p.m. (I know it isn't ideal, but it is what it is.) In any event, should I be doing more to eat all of my calories, or is this something everyone faces at the beginning? Thanks again for all of the support. This really is a great site.

Replies

• rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 2 for me and I feel great. I have had no soda (I thought the headaches was going to kill me!) and have been logging everything that I have eaten. I have eaten smaller portions more often throughout the day. I am finding that I have a lot of leftover calories and available fat at the end of the day, but I don't really want to eat a bunch of crap at the end of the day. As it is, I leave my house at 6:00 in the morning and do not get home until 8:00 in the evening, so I am already eating dinner close to 9:00 p.m. (I know it isn't ideal, but it is what it is.) In any event, should I be doing more to eat all of my calories, or is this something everyone faces at the beginning? Thanks again for all of the support. This really is a great site.
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    I know I've had issues with getting all my calories in, especially in the beginning. Sometimes it really goes the other way though. A glass of wine helps use up some calories :)
    I wouldn't worry too much about having leftovers, as long as it doesn't become a habit. You can really starve your body too. In which case, your body will freak out, and you still won't lose. Just try to find a happy medium, if possible.

That is my humble opinion...
    :ohwell:
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    It is important to eat all of your calories. If you don't your body will likely go into starvation mode and your metabolism will shut down. This is why many people who eat very little are overweight! Read "the answers to the questions" post, along with the other perminant posts. They help everyone get on track.

Here's my tip: Pack a protien bar or nuts with you so you can be sure to eat all of your calories throughout the day. The general theme is, keep adding dense fuel to the fire throughout the day to get your metabolism to burn strong and steady.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with peanut butter is a great "snack" and will use up a munch of calories ( if you have them to use).
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I stopped losing weight because I wasnt eating enough! THAT was a whole new theory to me!

Spread out the calories during the day. Protein powder and juice/milk will give you low fat, 250 cals real quick (and their are vitamins in it too!) Add a banana and increase the cals by 750-100.

As far as fats are concerned-almonds, avacado, olive oil, salmon, all good fats. I do not use MFP fat reccommendations. I always have more protein and less fats,this works for me. I am not hungry and get a big lift from a 5 oz chicken breast on yummy greens at lunch!

Good luck to ya!:flowerforyou: