How Many crafter/musicians do we have here???

Options
Jade_Butterfly
Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
:heart: Hi everyone. . . Just curious how large of a craft and music community we have here. . I enjoy knitting, crocheting, beading. .I work out of my house. and have quite an ecclectic taste in music. . .

What do you like to do or listen to or both???:smile:

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I do crafts and sewing.
  • Nancyhusanu
    Options
    I love doing most handcrafts (knitting, sewing, crochet, etc.) when I can find the time, especially quilting!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I like to draw, would love to start dabbling with painting, I also play guitar, sing & write songs.

http://www.myspace.com/arielleippolito
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I dabble in knitting and various crafts, but my first love is cross-stitch. ( or, crotch-stitch as my son calls it.) I work at home too- running a home daycare ( and I mean, RUNNING). Those kids are enough to keep me crazy-- I mean, busy!
  • fitveggie
    Options
    I love crafts! I sew, knit, play around with photography, the banjo, and baking! Nice to meet you.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Gosh I love this. . so many people to compare with. . So what is your favorite thing to knit. . . sew??? Would love to see pics. . patterns. . . would be fun.
  • harm_ny
    harm_ny Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm a classical bassoonist! I'm teaching myself jazz though, 'cause working this scene is getting BORING. I'm also trying to learn how to knit, but I mess up ALL the time >.<
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i love to paint/sketch, skate of course, i'm also a poet and love to dj, *if turntables count as instruments*..to me they do anyway lol
    as far as music goes, i have eclectic taste..love everything from reggae, rock, hiphop to country, techno and some classical
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    i like to crochet, make jewelry, rubber stamp, scrapbook,
    tole paint, cross stitch and work with plastic canvas.
    I want to learn how to quilt, paper tole & do wood working.

I used to draw a LOT & played the flute when I was in school and have self taught myself
    a few songs on piano.

I enjoy a variety of music.. classical to metal, hard-style and hardcore music.
    I cannot stand opera, folk music, twangy country or rap (unless it's old school).
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Love crafts :) and my husband is a musician. Not just a bar player musician ;-)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I sing a bit. Nothin' to write home about, but it's certainly a passion. :)

If anyone has links or images to share, please do so. I'd love to see some of your work!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I like to make quilts, sew clothes, and make accessories for my house. I also like to scrapbook, make cards, and make jewelery.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm a scrapbooker and I love to draw and paint. I love just about every kind of music.
  • zooflute
    zooflute Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm a flute professor. I used to love doing crafts! I'm thinking about getting into making bamboo flutes for fun. That's kinda crafty...
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Flute playing crocheter here.
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm a songwriter. More a lyricist since my guitar playing is not that good, but as long as it's got a C, D or G in it, I'm good to go! lol
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I actually sell some of my handmade items on etsy :)
    I craft a lot & sew, too.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    me too! this is my site

www.slrose24.etsy.com
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I actually sell some of my handmade items on etsy :)
    I craft a lot & sew, too.
    Here's a picture of one of my hair clip/broach combos from my shop :)
    il_570xN.259740462.jpg
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I have gotten into making hair clips for my girls, going to try and sell them, there are a bunch of places on facebook doing it, so I started my own page named Sugar Plum Creations.

I also sing in my church choir and have played the flute for 26 years and I listen to pop, classical, just about anything but rap and heavy metal.