Hello!

Options
I am a 46 year old wife, mother, grandmother, and an online student working toward an associates degree in human services. I have been using MFP since Feb. 2 of this year (2011) and I have lost almost 50lbs. I am at my goal weight and am using MFP to maintain my weight, excercise, and nutrients.
I tell a lot of people about MFP. When people I am acquainted with see me they can't believe the changes that have taken place. They always ask what my secret is and I tell them that it's not a secret, in fact, MFP is a mouse click away and doesn't cost a thing! Most don't believe me until they sign up for themselves!
Before my weight loss I was very depressed about my appearance. I felt that getting old and fat was "normal". I have learned that this certainly isn't true. I had gained weight slowly over the last 6 or 7 years, topping off just above 170 lbs. I ended up with high blood pressure and my doctor put me on medication. I get re-evaluated in November and I'm hoping he takes me off of them for good!
MFP has helped me to understand portion sizes and opened the door for new healthy food choices. I can even eat the "bad" stuff if I feel like it (in moderation of course). I don't feel like I'm dieting at all and I can pick and choose exactly what I want to eat when I want to eat it.
Thank you to every one that is a part of MFP. I'm a testimony that it works!

Replies