herbalife

Options
okay so i am debating on whether i should buy the herbalife ultimate package ...
does any one have advice or any opinions ..
should i buy or no ???

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Why?? my opinion, it is a waste of money the only thing that will work
    is eating right and exercising.
  • kc7671
    kc7671 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i keep hearing people talk about herbalife...would love to see what people have to say in response to your question!
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I did herbalife years ago, for me it did not work out, I thought it was a total waste of money. It would probably be best to track your calories vs. spending money on expensive products. Good Luck!
  • devteach1
    Options
    I took it before my wedding a couple of years ago... took off the weight..but whe I stopped the prduct...it came back. So my advice is don't take it...log your food into mfp...and learn what you are doing wrong and right.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I tried that before but I don't recommend it to anyone who aims for permanent weight loss goal. That thing worked but only on short time. There's still nothing compares to the good old proper diet and exercise combo and a more active lifestyle.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    The protein shakes are really good and the tea is great for energy but for weight loss, it's not going to be permanent. I did it for over a year and was pretty faithful and spent TONS of money and even became a distributor so I could get the product cheaper...it was STILL very expensive and when I decided I would rather spend that money on real foods and actually have something to chew on, the weight all came back and then some. Like every other fad diet out there. When are we going to learn?! Stick to real foods, clean foods, and make small changes over time so they stick. I still go by the shake shop now and then just to see the owner and have her make me a double protein shake but only as a snack now.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Why?? my opinion, it is a waste of money the only thing that will work
    is eating right and exercising.

EXACTLY. The core of the "supplements" are a metabolism booster ( or, you could exercise), an appetite suppressant ( or, drink water and use portion control), and a regime of vitamins that you're not getting from your food ( eat good food!!). The program encourages you not to exercise ,simply because the meal plan has you working at 900 cals a day. I know a bunch of people that have done it and lost a bunch of weight, but once they stopped, ( because it was costing them upwards of $6000 a year) the weight ALL came back. It doesn't teach you anything, and doesn't even begin to deal with the mental and emotional reasons of why you are where you are. What I've heard from most people is that the best part ( and what helped them along the way the most) was having someone to be accountable to, and report to. You've got that here... FREE.

OOps-- realized that you were talking Herbalife, not Herbal Magic. From what I gather though.. pretty ,much the same. A show called "Marketplace" did a really good show on the the latter.. and showed a lot more info on how the system "works". If you can watch it, ( might not work outside of Canada) it's a REALLLY good episode.
    http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2010/magic_in_a_bottle/main.html
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    what's wrong with good protein shakes? I dont know what herbalife shakes are
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I do the shakes only because it is what works for me. I also know that one day when I reach my goal weight I will just go down to no product, or one shake a day. The products are better for you because of the fact that they do have all of the vitamins and such that you need for your body in there products. I'm proud of the people that can lose weight the old fashioned way, I unfortunately can't. So you can't be telling people to just go do it the old fashioned way, because it doesn't work for everyone. But I can say that even though I do 2 shakes a day, I still have to prepare snacks and 1 meal a day for myself. But to each there own I guess!
  • venessa25
    venessa25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! Well I have tried Herbalife twice, the first time I went from 154 to 139 in less than a month. I had the shakes in the morning and at dinner. For lunch I usually had Subway - turkey sandwich on wheat or Chick-fila - grilled garden salad. I would also walk for about a mile sometimes 2. I then stopped because I got bored and it got to a point where I didn't want to drink another shake. Well I am giving Herbalife another try, I started about two weeks ago at 159 and I am now down to 154 but I also started taking Zumba classes at the Herbalife Club. I do notice that the product curves my appetite but I think its because of the tea. Anyways we will see how it goes
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I do the shakes only because it is what works for me. I also know that one day when I reach my goal weight I will just go down to no product, or one shake a day. The products are better for you because of the fact that they do have all of the vitamins and such that you need for your body in there products. I'm proud of the people that can lose weight the old fashioned way, I unfortunately can't. So you can't be telling people to just go do it the old fashioned way, because it doesn't work for everyone. But I can say that even though I do 2 shakes a day, I still have to prepare snacks and 1 meal a day for myself. But to each there own I guess!

But if you eat healthy whole foods, lean proteins, veggies, fruits, etc., doesn't it stand to reason that you'd get those SAME vitamins in a natural form instead of artificially as a supplement in a shake? Just a thought. It would probably save a whole lot of money, too.

Personal experience: I tried Herbalife a few years ago and ended up getting the shakes from their metabolism booster - turned out it had ephedra in it. It's nasty stuff, thankfully they've pretty much taken it off the market. Not to mention I was always super hungry, even with eating my own meal and the shakes.
  • BeeRod527
    BeeRod527 Posts: 104
    Options
    I tried it a couple of years ago and lost some weight but the person who was conducting Herbalife kept on pressuring me to buy other products and wasn't too keen on doing that.

Plus the cost of these drinks does add up in the long run.

Basically, it's "Slim Fast Plus".
  • Susyalk
    Options
    Honestly, the reason why the HRBL products have not worked on alot of these people is because they use it once or twice and then once they reach their targeted weight they think they can go back to leading the same lifestyle they led before their weight loss. As it it with many diets or cosmetic surgery...the point is to maintain your weight after you have lost it by eating the proper foods and exercing. You need to change your lifestyle COMPLETELY! and it will work!