Figuring out nutritional info for homemade foods?

Options
Hey all. I am really enjoying taking my favorite foods and coming up with healthier spins on them. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a great website that I can put all the ingredients of my recipe in, then get a "report" back of the nutritional content for each serving size.

I know that I could look for each individual ingredient and then write it down, and add it all up. .and blah blah blah...but it would be SOOO much easier if there was a site that did all the hard work for me.

Thanks.

God bless!

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Use the recipe tool here. Just put in the specific amounts of each ingredient and how many servings and it will give you all of the nutrition info for it.
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You can do that here on MFP! Under the Foods tab, click on recipes. Add in all of your ingredients and it will break down the nutritional content for each serving :) Then you can also quickly add the meal to your food diary as well!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I think all recipes does that as does spark recipes.
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can do that right on this site, go to the food tab, then hit recipes, there you can build your own recipes and it will give you the nutritional breakdown.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    The recipe tool here is quite good but I also like this one:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/account/flog_add.php?tab=new_recipe

you can add things quickly and also copy and paste from other pages on the web. It's very fast. I don't think the database is quite as robust as MFP but it def has a lot of stuff.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    One more vote on the recipe tool right here. i think it is great!