Wanting more protein... need suggestions!

Options
2»

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I hear nut butter is full of protein.

True. Spread it on a cracker.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I hear nut butter is full of protein.

True. Spread it on a cracker.
    Who doesn't love nutty, buttery goodness?
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ysash.gif

EVERYONE BACK UP -- I'M AN UNTRAINED PROFESSIONAL.

Tuna, eggs, skim milk, whey protein, lean meats, cottage cheese, Kashi Golean, Greek Yogurt, peanut butter, almond butter, all nuts (almonds are the best), chicken, protein bars, beans -- Durrrr, I'm out of ideas.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Is is just whole beans that you do not like? If so, you might try something like a hummus or bean dip. One of my favorites is to mix a can of drained white beans in a food processor and puree with some garlic, lemon, salt, pepper, and parsley. It makes a great dip for fresh veggies but provides protein as well.

It's the flavor and consistancy of beans so I guess all around.. My mom is mexican american and my dad from Massachusetts so refired beans were a regular dinner item for mom and baked beans for dad --- I hated them both! Thanks for responding I appreciate it!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.. I have a new list of things to try out and can't wait to get started on some new recipes and foods!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Nuts are generally high in protein. And if you're still finding that it's hard to get enough, you can always use a protein shake mix for an extra boost.

This is how I up my protien. Bonus soluble protien is quickly absobed too.

Oh yeah and peanut butter, but be careful its cal heavy
  • sunnylv
    sunnylv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't forget soy protein (alternative to whey protein). How about cottage cheese? How about yogurt? Ever tried vanilla soy milk?

I make a great shake with 1 cup soy milk, chocolate soy protein, instant coffee packet, 1 truvia sugar packet, ice, and vanilla yogurt!

Such a boost.