IS A HUMP OF FAT ON YOUR NECK NORMAL?

Options
sej1990
sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
Ive noticed yesterday that i have a hump at the base of my neck and if feels like fact but i have had bad posture for years is there anyway to get rid of it? i swear its one thing after another with my body :^(

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    What? A lump or a hump?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Do you have large breasts? I only ask because I had a huge lump at the base of my neck and was told it was due to the size of my breasts. Had a breast reduction and within a year - it was completely gone.

(Sorry if this doesn't help...)
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    a good friend of mine has this issue.. and it seems to only really be noticable when she's heavy... it's the joy of genetics in her case.. her grandmother had one... and for as long as i knew her, she was never a small woman.
    patience and persistance... and reaching your goal, should make it go away....
    hang in there hun...
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have an ugly lump on my neck too. It's my head.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Sweetie. . you have posted a number of things this evening. . You are a beautiful girl. . . now if you want to tone up. . like I said I would go with crosstraining. . some weight lifting and cardio.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    lol....
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    a hump of fat could be a symptom of cushings disease
  • sej1990
    Options

lol this made me laugh
  • sej1990
    Options
    Yes i have big breasts and always had and my sister is on the skinnier side and has it to apparently so idk it might be genetics but i also have bad posture.
  • sej1990
    Options
    Sweetie. . you have posted a number of things this evening. . You are a beautiful girl. . . now if you want to tone up. . like I said I would go with crosstraining. . some weight lifting and cardio.

Yes i did post alot because i am new and i like having knowledge
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

HAHA! that's funny
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"Yes i did post alot because i am new and i like having knowledge"
    [/quote]

Since you are new, be sure to read the Newbie information - you will get many answers from reading this, plus try using the search function as many topics are stored for viewing.

As far as the hump on your neck - as you lose weight and tone up, it should grow smaller like all the other body parts.
  • sej1990
    Options

"Yes i did post alot because i am new and i like having knowledge"
    [/quote]

Since you are new, be sure to read the Newbie information - you will get many answers from reading this, plus try using the search function as many topics are stored for viewing.

As far as the hump on your neck - as you lose weight and tone up, it should grow smaller like all the other body parts.
    [/quote]

Where is the newbie information at? does it show you how to find certain foods u eat in a day to put in the food diary to?
  • txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hump of fat on neck...I had one a few years ago at the base of my neck, over the spine. It started as a small lump, and I would feel tightness. I would get someone to rub it down, then it mysteriously goes away for a couple of weeks. But over the years, it seemed to get larger and larger and hurt more and more.

I could feel it, it was not really soft, but not rock hard either. It was movable, and I could get it to shrink somewhat by having it rubbed and pressed on.

I had an MRI done, and I was told it was a fatty lipoma. It was something like 8 cm x 5 cm, rather large, requiring regular surgery, but also very benign. I had it removed a month and a half later when I could get the surgery scheduled. Was the first one out of the day surgery, it was that quick, even under general anestetic. And back in the car being taken home by 11:30 AM. I didn't even use any of the Vicodin, because 24 hours later it didn't hurt at all.

I was told if I'd waited much longer, it could have grown tentacles following along bones and muscles and started wrapping around by the lungs and spine and heart. It would have been a lot worse in that case. When I had it cut out I had a very pronounced hunchback shape at the base of my neck from the sheer size of this thing. In all I think it took 8-10 years to get to that size, from I remembering I had pains back there a long long time ago.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You mentioned being bigger in the chest area. Do you tend to slouch forward a bit? Maybe it could be bad posture mixed with other things too?
  • myheartinsf1
    Options
    Would show it to your doctor when u see them next time. I don't have one but know someone who does. There has been diagnosed as dowengers *sp hump...
    Good luck
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a hump right at the base of my neck. I am uncomfortable wearing spaghetti straps with my hair up because of it. For me I know it's just fat. It didn't used to be there before I got preg. and gained a bunch of weight. Not sure what the point of storing fat there is but I guess I'm just lucky:laugh:
  • braless67
    Options
    funny :)
    [/quote]
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    a hump of fat could be a symptom of cushings disease

*this*
    Go get it checked out by your doctor. It could be nothing more than weight and posture. It could be more but only a doctor can diagnose. However, cushings disease was the first thing to pop in my head as well.
  • braless67
    Options
    [/quote

kind of a mean girl way to answer....sweetie.