I'll just be honest...

Options
My name is Pierce. Yes, it's my actual name. I used to be really active. Training for the National US swim team and stuff. That was a couple years ago and Ive gained a good 30 since. i lost about 10 of that and ever since I've been stuck. I'm going to get rid of it. And I probably won't be all that healthy about it.

I know some will tell me I have to be healthy and blahblah. I've heard it more than enough times. but, I know how I can be. and I know I won't always eat enough or even the right things. But if you want to be my friend and support me in the weight loss itself. I'd be more than happy to support you in whatever your goals are as well.

<3~Pierce

10276138.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Come to health website to get healthy, but not really get to get healthy. Who wants to support me in not getting healthy while getting healthy?

Dude you should get into politics!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    My name is Pierce. Yes, it's my actual name. I used to be really active. Training for the National US swim team and stuff. That was a couple years ago and Ive gained a good 30 since. i lost about 10 of that and ever since I've been stuck. I'm going to get rid of it. And I probably won't be all that healthy about it.

I know some will tell me I have to be healthy and blahblah. I've heard it more than enough times. but, I know how I can be. and I know I won't always eat enough or even the right things. But if you want to be my friend and support me in the weight loss itself. I'd be more than happy to support you in whatever your goals are as well.

<3~Pierce

Count me out, I try to stay away from people that are downers and promoting unhealthy habits. Feel free to jack up your body though, that's why its YOUR life, not mine.
  • Ginky1959
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Deb, and, yes, that's my real name as well. After all, isn't honesty pretty much a requirement when one is seeking to become more fit? We're probably about as different as two people can be, though swimming has always been the ONLY form of exercise I actually enjoy.

I'm nearly 52 years old, and my life has always been centered around my family. My husband and I have been married for over 36 years, have 3 adult daughters, and six grandchildren, ages 2 to sixteen. My husband holds an engineering degree, and after years of putting children through school, at age 49, I finally stamped down my insecurities, and enrolled in school. I have three semesters remaining in my pursuit of a double major in History and English, with a concentration in Southern Folklore.

So...as you can see, we are quite different indeed. But, I am an encourager by nature, and am willing to join forces in this battle. Unlike the majority of people, I will tell you that you are wise to begin the battle now, while it may be more readily won. I await your reply...

Deb (Ginky1959)
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options

<3~Pierce

For Foods

Just... wow. way to be unhealthy about being healthy.
    Glad it's you and not me.
  • Suzay
    Suzay Posts: 60
    Options
    How about none of you reply negatively and stay away from this forum post? Or maybe attempt to be a good being and add this guy and talk to him thoroughly about making these choices?
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Negative and accountable are far different ma'am. I will be supportive of someone who has a bad eating day or bad nutrition day. I'll be supportive for that. Coming in and saying I'm not really going to do it but will support myself, and dancing around making an actual human statement just ISN'T honest. If I were to lie and not point it out, I wouldn't be being a good person in my own perspective.

My friends will give me hell and back if I'm not holding myself accountable, wouldn't yours?
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    How about none of you reply negatively and stay away from this forum post? Or maybe attempt to be a good being and add this guy and talk to him thoroughly about making these choices?

How about the freedom of speech? Feeeeeeeeeeels sooooooooooo goooooooood!

now where did I put my studded leather belt? These skinny jeans are falling off my fat *kitten*...
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

I have NO sympathy for people that know what they are doing is the unhealthy, bad for their body, and runs the risk of literally killing them or causing irreparable damage and choose to do it anyhow.

Leave the bleeding hearts at the door. MFP is supposed to be about HEALTHY habits. I really don't wanna see him (her?) posting crap to lead other people down the wrong road because he/her (Male name, female profile) is getting "results"

It's not about being skinny. It's about being healthy. If you aren't gonna do it the right way, don't expect sympathy from me.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Good luck finding what works for you. Seems like healthy = sustainable so maybe reconsider that bit.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

She's a girl, btw.
  • methetree
    Options
    Negative and accountable are far different ma'am. I will be supportive of someone who has a bad eating day or bad nutrition day. I'll be supportive for that. Coming in and saying I'm not really going to do it but will support myself, and dancing around making an actual human statement just ISN'T honest. If I were to lie and not point it out, I wouldn't be being a good person in my own perspective.

My friends will give me hell and back if I'm not holding myself accountable, wouldn't yours?

amen to that!
    I have NO sympathy for people that know what they are doing is the unhealthy, bad for their body, and runs the risk of literally killing them or causing irreparable damage and choose to do it anyhow.

Leave the bleeding hearts at the door. MFP is supposed to be about HEALTHY habits. I really don't wanna see him (her?) posting crap to lead other people down the wrong road because he/her (Male name, female profile) is getting "results"

It's not about being skinny. It's about being healthy. If you aren't gonna do it the right way, don't expect sympathy from me.

And to that!!!
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Blah, ill pass
  • Suzay
    Options

There's far too many negative *****y men and woman on this site.

No sympathy? Leave it out then, move onto the next forum post. Is that so difficult? Or do you enjoy voicing your opinion negatively knowing hundreds of people will read it?

I'm pretty sure this guy has previously and thoroughly researched on weight loss and got extremely frustrated and decided it's far too difficult to choose to do so he's going to do it the unhealthy way. Do you think he posted here to try get a gang to support him and join him in his choice of weight loss or do you think, in his mind, he posted here to get maybe a tiny bit of... help? Which sounds more ideal?
  • Suzay
    Options

She's a girl, btw.

I said men and women, btw.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    I'll answer your question with a question. If an alcoholic/drug admits finally he has a problem--would you let him sort it out without helping him accountable (i.e checking on him?)

I grant you that that is not exactly the same, but the comparison is closer than you may think.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Seriously, please reconsider your stance on making yourself healthier. Otherwise, I'll see you in the ER.
  • Abbzzz
    Abbzzz Posts: 49
    Options
    My first food diary on here had over 2000 calories for one meal. I knew what i was eating was bad and i was very depressed about my weight gain but i just didn't have the motivation to do anything about it. I even saw a councillor to help me which did no good either, i was just stuck and couldn't pull myself out. My 3rd day on this site i ate so healthy and finished the day under my calories. I have been so happy and keeping on track ever since. I lost 2.6 kg which is about 6 lbs in my first weigh in and i have this site to thank. I understand what all of you are saying when being negative but it really doesn't help someone who is in this situation. In fact i've never heard negativity getting anyone ahead. After a while of seeing everyone doing so well this person will get the motivation to do things right just like i did.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

She's a girl, btw.

I said men and women, btw.

You said "Or maybe attempt to be a good being and add this guy and talk to him thoroughly about making these choices?"
  • Abbzzz
    Abbzzz Posts: 49
    Options
    I'll answer your question with a question. If an alcoholic/drug admits finally he has a problem--would you let him sort it out without helping him accountable (i.e checking on him?)

I grant you that that is not exactly the same, but the comparison is closer than you may think.

Good call!
  • methetree
    Options

<3~Pierce

If she wanted actual help, she wouldn't be so flippant "blahblah"... She has heard it more than enough times and she is gonna do it her way. She makes that clear.

Most people who want help, actually ask... especially on this site.
This discussion has been closed.