Effing fail.

Options
2»

Replies

• overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm one of the few that caught the "tone" of your post. ;-)
    [/quote]

Haha, I'm so glad a few people picked it up. Also, I think that you and your daughter are beautiful!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off twice this week...you know what?? It's ok!!!!! you are learning and when you do it and have conviction about it, only means you are less likely to do it again...Dont beat yourself up about it......*kitten* happens! just pick yourself up dust the dirt off your *kitten* and move on..... ;0)
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I can't give you an example of what I no longer crave because I refuse to deprive myself of those things. If I were on a diet I would give up those foods and would salivate over them until I went crazy and would give up the fight and go hog wild with them. Instead I am living with a lifestyle change in the way I eat and I eat what I want, just small amounts of it.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    um... What's the problem? I have lost 5inches from my stomach, 3 inches from my belt line, and 28lbs in 3 months. Guess what? I eat whatever I want, as much as I want 1 day a week... it's a "free day" it's beneficial to have a cheat day once a week.

You're going to beat yourself up for eating 1 burger, for what?!?!?! what's the purpose? to feel bad, to call yourself a failure, get all emo about it and just sit there? Is that your goal? Brush it off your shoulders and move on...being all negative about it won't help you at all.

So first of all, I was being facetious. If you read it all the way through, you would note that the point of the post was to see if you no longer crave certain foods, like I do.

Well to answer that questio directly. After I posted this I thought to myself "when was my last free day?" it has been longer than a week so I thought of having a free day tomorrow, and I thought "what do I want to eat?" you know what came to mind... nothing really...I really don't want junk food, maybe in the future i might, but not tomorrow...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Every time I think about getting some kind of fast food I remember it always tastes worse than you remember it then you wish you got something else...so when I remember that, I just take myself to the grocery store to get something far better.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience. To cap off my vacation, husband and I went to Wendy's drive-thru. I ordered a small fries and a small hamburger. Relatively good choice.

We're driving home, and the car smells like fast food. I think to myself "eeeew it smells gross and oily like they haven't cleaned the deep fryer"

Obviously, there was nothing wrong with the food (OF COURSE I friggin ate it) but I didn't enjoy it like I used to. The smell that used to make me salivate no longer does.

Me: 1
    Wendy's: 0
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    The important thing is to wake up tomorrow with a clean slate and focus on eating healthy and exercising. You're not going to eat healthy 100% of the time, and that's ok, but don't let this be your slippery slope.
  • ewalker10
    Options
    Kraft Macoroni and Cheese! Use to eat it ALL the time as a teenager, a little through college, then every once in awhile. Now... that craving is completely gone. Thank goodness because it always made me feel icky after I ate it.
  • pork_belly
    pork_belly Posts: 144
    Options
    Yeah. I'm on a low carb diet and my weakness seems to be granola cereal. I do allow myself a cheat day and it sometimes finds itself on it. Although, I have a cheat day I haven't taken one in the last four weeks. Its a nice feeling.
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    Just use the extra calories you ate today to go extra hard working out tomorrow :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    work out tomorrow. Drinking water and green tea will help boost ur metabolism along with getting more fiber. I like eating Fiber one bars or the cereal. They have different flavors so it tastes good, you can also try fiber pills to start out incase you have a busy schedule.
  • tiffanyjeanxo
    Options
    In the last year, I have become SEVERLY lactose intolerant. With that, I cant eat any of the "good stuff" .. grilled cheese sandwhiches, pizza, ice cream, milk, any dips .. I feel like I cant eat anything- which before hand.. all the dairy is what I ate. Anyways, I always get cravings for all of that stuff, but since I dont eat it all the time - it now tastes gross! Thats probably what happened to you, its the mentality of ohh man, that was my favorite and I havent had it in so long! Dont beat yourself up for it, take it as lesson learned and continue on! : D good luck!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You received a wide variety of great advice; here's my two cents:

If you honestly want a burger, PLAN to eat one: have the restaurant cut it in half and throw half away (or share with someone). Log everything you ate (even the "slip ups"). Make sure you promise yourself to work it off, preferably the same day, and follow through.

Applaud yourself though; yes, it was not the calorie intake you planned but you were aware in the end and you were not mindless eating; that is a step towards change in my book.

All the best,
    Amy