If you don't drink your milk from cereal bowl?

Options
If you don't drink the milk after eating cereal how much do you log for milk? Or do you measure the left over and determine what you used? I've been doing .10 of a cup. There is a lot left. I didn't think to measure it but want to account for any calories that may have seeped into the cereal.

I used the 2% cows milk we had on hand(my brother uses it or my friends kids when they are here) but I'm lactose intolerant and don't like the taste anyway so I always dump the milk. Sometimes if its soy/almond I will drink it up for the calcium boost but even then a lot of times I dump it because it gets sweeter depending on the cereal.

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Maybe try unsweetened almond milk for that? Also, I wouldn't sweat the calories in .10 cup of milk, that's what...12 or 15 calories worth?
  • Tahru
    Tahru Posts: 58
    Options
    I'd like an anwer for this too @_@
    I love eating cereal and milk...but hate drinking milk.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My plain almond or soy milk usually is fine if its not a sugary cereal but sometimes I don't like the texture of it when the cereal has been in it nor do I like it getting warm.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I just measure whats left and subtract that from the cup or whatever I used.

I generally don't drink the milk (ick) but sometimes if it's super cold and I'm feeling like it I will lol

Measure Before Eating (1cup)
    Measure After ( 1/2 left)
    Total consumed 1/2 cup lol
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    I feel that the solution here is simple. If you really want to know how much you're drinking, measure it before pouring it in. Once you are done eating and slurping measure what is left and deduct that from the original amount.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I log 2 ounces every morning to put into my coffee...but I do not use it all...but I do pour it in a measuring cup and the leftovers go into the fridge.....I suggest maybe the sorta kinda thing....but maybe keep dropping your measurements that you put into your cereal until u get the exact amount that you use????
  • ShrinkinMel
    Options
    I'm usually in a rush when I'm done. I'm lucky if I eat breakfast. LOL I now its important but wondered what people did or if they just left it off completely. There is definitely almost the whole cup still when I'm done unless its my lunch as well(from running late on settling down for some breakfast) and I end up filling the bowl a 2nd time.

I know the solution is simple just wondered how others did it. ;)
  • ShrinkinMel
    Options
    oh and I also haven't been even measuring the milk. I pour until it looks right. Guess that tid bit may help explain why I don't take the time to measure the difference.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Is this an ACTUAL question or are you trolling us?

This is seriously simple logic.

BRING ON THE "WHAT A B!TCH" COMMENTS!

:laugh:
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I've been doing .10 of a cup.

oh and I also haven't been even measuring the milk. I pour until it looks right.

....ummm... o.O
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    drink the milk I always tell my kids drink it because people in India buy milk in little plastic baggies the size of sandwich bags so its unfair to waste it
  • ShrinkinMel
    Options
    Not trolling if you read in my original post I even said or measure it before and after. I just wanted to know how others were doing it out of curiosity.

bhagavatilad1,

I am lactose intolerant so I avoid huge quantities of any cow's milk based dairy at once or I will have a stomach ache for hours. I'm afraid to tell you that we usually pour half the gallon down the drain because none of us drink milk. I keep it around for my best friends kiddos, they are here often.