Where'd that go???

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
After all the stress I've had of late, with one thing and another, and then my eldest son running away (which I am very pleased to say he has phoned and is coming home tonight :bigsmile: ), I just realised I'm 4lbs away from being a 3rd of the way there with weight loss !!!
I was daydreamingly looknig at my ticker, when I suddenly realised :noway:
I just can't believe it, I used to binge at the sight of stress, now, I kick its *kitten*!!!
Thank you to everyone that's supported me through some real tough times of late, I think, once my son is home, things can get better now, we had a lovely long chat - 3 times today actually, and I'm, feeling a little emotional right now, but that's only to be expected :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    After all the stress I've had of late, with one thing and another, and then my eldest son running away (which I am very pleased to say he has phoned and is coming home tonight :bigsmile: ), I just realised I'm 4lbs away from being a 3rd of the way there with weight loss !!!
    I was daydreamingly looknig at my ticker, when I suddenly realised :noway:
    I just can't believe it, I used to binge at the sight of stress, now, I kick its *kitten*!!!
    Thank you to everyone that's supported me through some real tough times of late, I think, once my son is home, things can get better now, we had a lovely long chat - 3 times today actually, and I'm, feeling a little emotional right now, but that's only to be expected :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Congrats :drinker:
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This summer I went through some real issues with my eldest daughter - 19 - she ended up moving out and is still out. :brokenheart: We are on fairly good terms now but I know in years past I would have delt with the stress by finding LOTS of food! This summer when she moved out and I had no idea where she was for a couple of days I thought I was going to lose my mind. I took a personal day from work, got on my bike and rode out into the country - 54 MILES round trip. My husband kept track of me by using the gps locator on my phone because he was so worried about me. The bike ride was perfect though, it allowed me to clear my head, argue out loud with her (with out her being there) so I got alot of the bad stuff out of my system. Two days later I was able to sit down with her and find some common ground AND I did not hate myself as I had actually managed to lose weight during a stressful time in my life!

Anyway I just wanted to say I sooo get where your coming from and WAY TO go for dealing with it in a positive way. :drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm so thrilled both to have my son back, and that I didn't comfort eat during such a stressful time.

Ranaekline:
    I'm so glad hat you and your daughter are now on speaking terms. :flowerforyou:

I don't think teenagers think what damage they do to us as parents when they up and leave, I'm just thankful that we both know where our children are, I can't bear the thought of ending up like those poor parents that don't have a clue where their children are, and are still desperately looking for them years on :cry:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    YAY for you Cyber! Hard work pays off...and congrats on learning to kick butt instead of eating the stress away (which we all know doesn't really work, just puts it off a bit)

:drinker: your ticker is really going down...

I keep forgeting to weigh myself when I hit the gym, I don't weigh very often so don't really have a set time/habit ....been awhile so curious how much I've dropped...might do that today:bigsmile:

You're very inspiring considering all your're dealing with...you're doing awesome:heart:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    wooohoooo your awesome!!! I soooo need to learn how to control my eating when the stress starts piling on!!!
    And im happy to hear your son is safe and at home:heart:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Well done you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!