EATING MY EMOTIONS AGAIN... SOOOO DISCOURAGED!!!

Options
So I've been a member almost a week... did great the first 5 days, even lost 5 pounds! Then bam.... I feel a little low Friday night and give in to my nemesis PIZZA.... all four pieces.... devoured... even fell asleep with some in my mouth... I KNOW I was more tired than hungry but I just wanted to be FULL. :( I'm so sad right now. I don't know if I will ever have the self control to lose the weight. I do well for a little while and then get discouraged. I want so badly to change but it seems the monsters in my closet are just too big.

Replies

• dddttt
    dddttt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's why you can write it off as a cheat meal and move on. No reason to cry over spilt milk, there's not that much of it anyway. You've only been dieting for a couple of days and changing habits require time -- just think of how long it took you to aquire them, surely it will not take 5 days to get rid of them! The most important thing is that you stop beating yourself up and continue. Work out a little harder at the gym, if anything.
    Long live cheat meals. ;)
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was like you for so long, so i know your pain and i read this self help book which has really helped me. It said you have to LOVE a thinner/healthier image of yourself more than you HATE the fatter/unhealthier image of yourself in order to truly lose weight and keep it off. -Just a thought that really has helped me when i have sat down and thought about it properly.=)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    perhaps you aren't eating enough or the right foods. you should feel full OFTEN. You shouldn't have to binge to feel full.

If you are eating things with enough proteins and fats throughout the day, never letting yourself feel really hungry, then the urge to stuff yourself will be less intense.

Also, if you are trying to "stay below" 1200, you're doing it wrong.

1200 is the MINIMUM healthy amount a female can eat. If you are set at 1200, aim to JUST go over it daily, or just change the number to 1400 and aim to stay between 1200-1400.

Your problem is probably that you chose to try to lose 2 lbs per week instead of just 1. 1 is way healthier and easier to maintain.
    This is a change in your lifestyle and eating patterns that you will have to adapt to for LIFE, NOT a DIET.

Change your goal to 1 lb per week and see what it says to eat. You shouldn't have lost 5 lbs in 5 days, that means you are probably STARVING and that's why you caved.
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    dont worry darling.... bumps in the road happen.... i ate an ENTIRE box of kraft dinner last week... and didnt feel one moment of guilt... sure it wasnt the best choice....but it happened....do i eat like that everyday...nope and i sure as heck made sure i still stuck with my calorie goal.... in order for this to be a life change you have to anticipate that sometime you are gonna make a mistake etc..just work with it... :) and BREATHE oh and i eat pizza almost every week...but instead of a 12inch pizza and a 12 garlic fingers and eat most of it in one meal... i get the 9 inch pizza and no garlic fingers and its 2 meals.... sure you need to make sure your using moderation....but in my experience the more strict i was and the more guilt i had when i made a mistake the more i self sabotaged!! breathe and keep goin!!
  • metallicalover777
    metallicalover777 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    work out thoses xtra calories gained by the stupid pizza.go for long walk with yur fav music.....and remember to look in the mirror with no clothes on....
  • ReneeMichelleN
    Options
    Thank you dddttt, it was more than a meal though... it was a late night indulge! In any case I will be back on the wagon today... I AM NOT DEFEATED! I appreciate the encouragement.
  • ReneeMichelleN
    Options
    lytd, I love that... I will remember it! THANK YOU!! Keep up the great work gorgeous girl!!
  • ReneeMichelleN
    Options
    Breathing deep Arkenny... with a tear rolling down... so appreciative... thank you for the encouragement! Keep up the great work!
  • ReneeMichelleN
    Options
    metallicalover... I love it! THANK YOU! Going to the mirror... thank you... the working out will come after... maybe nekked? :))
  • metallicalover777
    metallicalover777 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    believe in yourself.....................be stubborn like a child in achieving goals.
  • ReneeMichelleN
    Options
    Robin you are so right on... in the beginning I get so excited and the first 5 days I grazed like a cow, good foods but not enough calories... yesterday we had a all day pool party and ate junk but not a full feeling because couldn't eat much of it... so was hungry when I got home. Anyway... I lost weight fast and then bam got on scale last night and all for nothing... you are right slow and easy... LIFE STYLE CHANGE! THANK YOU!!
  • ReneeMichelleN
    Options
    HUGS TO ALL... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE AWESOME ENCOURAGEMENT!!! Grabbing my water and running shoes... workin' it out... your words of wisdom, advice, encouragement mean the world to me...