Wii Fit exercising

Options
I am starting on the long journey of getting my weight and fitness back after being generally lazy for a while and am wondering if anyone has any good tips for exercising at home. I am nowhere near a gym, don't swim, shouldn't really run outside any more (dodgy knee issues) so need to find something that is gentle enough not to upset my knee but rigorous enough to raise my fitness levels. I also want to develop a programme that I won't easily get bored with and I can fit into an evening between work and sleep lol.

I have a WiiFit and wondered if anyone uses it to help them with their weight loss and fitness? I have used the Wii in the past (though it has tended to be more as fun with friends, combined with beer/wine!) but not really done a massive amount with the WiiFit stuff.

I also have a cross trainer, which is now a bit poorly and needs fixing. It has been my saviour in the past as a low impact exercise and has helped me get some really good cardio exercise in, but wonder if anyone has any suggestions. Am really wondering what sorts of exercises/equipment people find work for them at home. I don't investing in some new equipment (within reason as live in a flat so can't stomp around too much!) but don't just want to dash out and buy stuff and not use it.

Any advice is gratefully received as know I need to plan! :-)

Replies

• SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    I dont tend to use the Wii Fit a lot however I used to once over, if you want something low impact but to get you moving and heart rate up then go for it ! Just maybe do it for a little longer than usual, I have Wii Fit Plus and I like to do the "boxcersise" one for 10 minutes, time goes quickly ! It is a great method if there are not many other options and I use it due to some of the same reasons

Good Luck with your journey !

Sophie
    xx
  • whitesquirrel
    Options
    Thanks for your advice Sophie. The boxcersise sounds like fun - may be a good way to de-stress too!! Will get onto it later!

Thanks - you too :-) xx
  • Hannahluux
    Options
    I use the Wii fit as my main exercise. It is great fun and I usually spend about 1 hour - 2 hours on it. I never get bored of it, I just find it so easy & fun :D Other brilliant games are Just Dance 2 and Zumba :) I usually do free step, hula & them some yoga/ muscle workouts xx
  • whitesquirrel
    Options
    Wow it sounds as if you have definitely found something to keep you interested. I haven't bought anything new for it for quite a while but the dance stuff might be a good idea to keep me from getting bored. That's half my trouble, I have the attention span of a small child lol. Thanks :-)
  • yamdad
    yamdad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the wii fit but i didnt like it much, i needed a program that chose and designed a workout for me. I used the ea active on the wii, i did the ea active more workouts version and the 6 week challenge and it was great. It was hard in the beginning because i i was so out of shape. When i finished that i bought the ea active 2 for the ps3 because they had problems with the wii version and couldnt get the patch to the wii. The ea active 2 was harder and after the 9 week challenge on that i burned a lot of body fat and toned up quite a bit. If u have xbox or ps3 i would get ea active 2. Workouts will take about 40 minutes. Currently i am dling the ufc personal trainer on the xbox and it is by far much harder than the others. I am sore.
    I walk 4 miles every morning
    I do ufc personal trainer 5 days a week
    I do kinect boxing everyday and i sweat like a pig
    I just added riding a bike too
    Kinect sports is a lot if fun and u will lose weight just doing that and have a blast
    Your shape is coming out with a new game in the fall for the xbox and it is suppose to blow away all competition

For a little info on gaming exercise you can read some stories on
    Www.fitgamer.net. Or facebook. Fitgamer
  • Hannahluux
    Options
    Ahaa, no problem :D Have fun!
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    hi

I lost wait before Christmas with my Fitness coach on the wii.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    EA active would be hard on your knees.