Hello out there!

Options
Hi Everyone!
My name is Amanda, and I am currently around 255 pounds. I have been struggling with my weight for a few years, but haven't really tried hard to lose it, usually I focus on it for a week or two and then it's back to my old habits. Recently many of my friends have lost weight, and big amounts too, so it has made me realize I can do it too! I haven't told too many people about my weight loss plan right now, and I plan to keep it that way for a while anyway!
I am a Registered Nurse, which is another reason I want to lose weight. I feel like I should be setting an example for my patients, and I also feel that if I lose weight I will be much more confident as well (not to mention fit the sexy nurse fantasy..haha!) I find that my line of work sometimes makes it difficult to make good eating decisions, especially since I work straight night shifts. I find that I dread preparing meals especially when I have a stretch of five nights, and end up eating processed foods, especially cereal, and not always healthy cereals either (although I am getting better at picking high fiber whole grains). Not to mention, salads and fruits really aren't that appetizing at three in the morning. So if anyone has any suggestions for me I would be more than open to hear them!
I am also trying to fit in exercising, but the night shift lifestyle also makes this hard at times, although I have found that using my wii fit or popping in an exercise DVD is okay, especially since I can do it in my PJ's! The hardest thing is trying to get motivated to do it, but once I work out I feel better afterwards.
The other main reason I know I need to lose weight is so that I have more energy, I find that sometimes it is so easy to just stay in bed until the afternoon and then just laze around, even if I have things I want to do...
I am really hoping that some of the other people out there can understand my reasons for wanting to lose weight and the things that have prevented me from doing so, and maybe we can help and encourage eachother along the way!
Looking forward to hearing from others!
-Amanda

Replies

• SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

Welcome! This is a wonderful site with lots of inspiring people.

I also have a lot of weight to lose.

Add me if you like!

Sandra
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Amanda, and I am currently around 255 pounds. I have been struggling with my weight for a few years, but haven't really tried hard to lose it, usually I focus on it for a week or two and then it's back to my old habits. Recently many of my friends have lost weight, and big amounts too, so it has made me realize I can do it too! I haven't told too many people about my weight loss plan right now, and I plan to keep it that way for a while anyway!
    I am a Registered Nurse, which is another reason I want to lose weight. I feel like I should be setting an example for my patients, and I also feel that if I lose weight I will be much more confident as well (not to mention fit the sexy nurse fantasy..haha!) I find that my line of work sometimes makes it difficult to make good eating decisions, especially since I work straight night shifts. I find that I dread preparing meals especially when I have a stretch of five nights, and end up eating processed foods, especially cereal, and not always healthy cereals either (although I am getting better at picking high fiber whole grains). Not to mention, salads and fruits really aren't that appetizing at three in the morning. So if anyone has any suggestions for me I would be more than open to hear them!
    I am also trying to fit in exercising, but the night shift lifestyle also makes this hard at times, although I have found that using my wii fit or popping in an exercise DVD is okay, especially since I can do it in my PJ's! The hardest thing is trying to get motivated to do it, but once I work out I feel better afterwards.
    The other main reason I know I need to lose weight is so that I have more energy, I find that sometimes it is so easy to just stay in bed until the afternoon and then just laze around, even if I have things I want to do...
    I am really hoping that some of the other people out there can understand my reasons for wanting to lose weight and the things that have prevented me from doing so, and maybe we can help and encourage eachother along the way!
    Looking forward to hearing from others!
    -Amanda
    To quote a show I used to watch.... Helloooooooooooooo Nurse!

And welcome to the site!
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    welcome! i can relate to the being too tired to want to workout. i'm a crossing guard, and the last thing i want to do after my shift of walking for a living is to do more walking! one thing you can do is get a pedometer, and wear it at work. i'll bet you're getting more exercise than you think! as for meals during your shift, maybe you could do all your food prep and cooking just one day a week, package it by the meal, and stick it in your fridge or freezer so you can take healthy meals and snacks with you. just my thoughts, hope it helps. feel free to add me!