Introducing....Me!

Options
shar140
shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
I've been lurking around here for a while so I thought I should introduce myself. :wink:

My name is Sharla...you can call me Shar if you want. I found this site while googling nutrition info for a particular food! I've been using fitday.com off and on the past 5 years or so. I lost about 30-35 lb five years ago by using fitday and exercising, but since then I've been gaining and re-losing the same 10-15 pounds. My highest weight was around 260 (maybe more...by that point I was so miserable I didn't want to know my weight! that was the doctor's scale), and I can get down to 222ish and I hit a plateau every.single.time! So Frustraing! I've had it happen 3 times. Then I end up re-gaining, then having to lose again so my clothes fit. (I refuse to buy any bigger clothes, and threw out all my old, bigger pants!)

So far I like MFP's food logging the best of any I've used - I can log separately for meals & snacks, and all the user-entered info is great!

I think part of the problem in the past, is that I didn't have a community of people for support...and I also didn't have a vision of myself as being thinner. I've been overweight all my life - I mean, I'd like to weigh 140, but I haven't weighed that since the 3rd grade! So it is hard to envision that as an adult. But, I am making progress on that!

Right now my short-term goal is to break past the 222 mark, and onto 200! Then we'll see from there. :)

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking around here for a while so I thought I should introduce myself. :wink:

My name is Sharla...you can call me Shar if you want. I found this site while googling nutrition info for a particular food! I've been using fitday.com off and on the past 5 years or so. I lost about 30-35 lb five years ago by using fitday and exercising, but since then I've been gaining and re-losing the same 10-15 pounds. My highest weight was around 260 (maybe more...by that point I was so miserable I didn't want to know my weight! that was the doctor's scale), and I can get down to 222ish and I hit a plateau every.single.time! So Frustraing! I've had it happen 3 times. Then I end up re-gaining, then having to lose again so my clothes fit. (I refuse to buy any bigger clothes, and threw out all my old, bigger pants!)

So far I like MFP's food logging the best of any I've used - I can log separately for meals & snacks, and all the user-entered info is great!

I think part of the problem in the past, is that I didn't have a community of people for support...and I also didn't have a vision of myself as being thinner. I've been overweight all my life - I mean, I'd like to weigh 140, but I haven't weighed that since the 3rd grade! So it is hard to envision that as an adult. But, I am making progress on that!

Right now my short-term goal is to break past the 222 mark, and onto 200! Then we'll see from there. :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hi Shar,

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • You can totally do it!!
    Welcome!
    :happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hello ME!!...............I mean Sharla!! :wink: :laugh:

Welcome! Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:

-Tami
  • Lsayne
    Options
    One day at a time. Believe me, I know that sounds easy but is actually very hard. I just stared posting yesterday so we can be newbies together.

My Dr. gave me a tip. I love ice cream. He said start scaling down the bowl size until I only eat a ramkin size portion. Actually works. I get my sweet fix, but don't over indulge (most of the time :laugh: ).

You are on your way...