Day 2: how long til I give up...

Options
If there is a diet/"lifestyle change" out there, I have tried it. I have also given up on it. Every single time. I have been trying to lose weight for about 30 years. That is why I ask how long til I give up on this one too.
I put this app on my phone a long time ago but never did anything with it. My longtime friend told me to check it out a few weeks ago. So I did & did nothing with it.
Yesterday I decided it is time. So I checked it out again & am on Day 2. My MFP BFF has lost 16 lbs- you go girl!!
Hopefully this is the time & the place for my weight loss journey. Feel free to check in on me to see if I am sticking to it. I will do my best. I am very excited about it...but it is only Day 2. Hopefully I will still be posting on Day 122 & Day 502 with some rockin results!! Only time will tell. GOOD LUCK TO ALL-

Replies

• Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    good luck to you too, hope to see you on her for a long time :)
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    Never give up! Never surrender! Once those pounds start droppin off, I hope you'll be like me and think to yourself, "HEY! I've lost 53lbs. Are the doublecheeseburgers and shakes REALLY worth puttin back on my azz??" Best of luck to you!!
  • mleb2005
    mleb2005 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm on week two of my journey. Just ask people to be your friends on here to support you..it really goes a long way. I will send you a request. You can do it this time. Do not doubt yourself so soon or you will set yourself up to fail.

you CAN do this!
  • ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You go!!!!!! I know it's hard; I've been at for a year and have stalled out without any motivation. It's hard but try and push through it. I keep logging in even though I've fallen off the wagon several times. I will check in with you.
  • esslgs
    esslgs Posts: 29
    Options
    Good morning,
    Getting healthy is a "one day at a time adventure". Hopefullly you are proud of yourself because you are starting today. Make today the best day for you and know that you have friends cheering you on. Feel free to friend me if you choose.
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have lost so much weight 10lbs at a time, just to gain it back. I'm queen of the two week diet. My cycle is: eat well - avoiding all things non-diet, see changes, allow myself a treat, eat the whole box of _____(fill in blank from anything from Oreos to granola bars to pizza), decide to fall off the wagon.
    This time is different. I'm setting a realistic goal, rewarding myself with pedicures instead of Oreos, and I'm not not allowing myself "real" food. If I want KFC, I can have it, if it fits into what else I've eaten or planning to eat. I'm also being positive. And I'm trying to eat healthy for 21 days in a row. Hopefully that will break the 14 day cycle at last.
    Good luck!
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have lost so much weight 10lbs at a time, just to gain it back. I'm queen of the two week diet. My cycle is: eat well - avoiding all things non-diet, see changes, allow myself a treat, eat the whole box of _____(fill in blank from anything from Oreos to granola bars to pizza), decide to fall off the wagon.
    This time is different. I'm setting a realistic goal, rewarding myself with pedicures instead of Oreos, and I'm not not allowing myself "real" food. If I want KFC, I can have it, if it fits into what else I've eaten or planning to eat. I'm also being positive. And I'm trying to eat healthy for 21 days in a row. Hopefully that will break the 14 day cycle at last.
    Good luck!
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Just show up every day. Keep logging your food and exercise. Read a bit on the forums. Soon (maybe) you'll be addicted too! Good luck!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If you start something with the idea that you are gonna give up, you better don't start at all, but on this site everybody is having major changes and all that is possible with believing in yourself. I hope I'll see you on a post someday with your new goal achieved.....

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    If there is a diet/"lifestyle change" out there, I have tried it. I have also given up on it. Every single time. I have been trying to lose weight for about 30 years. That is why I ask how long til I give up on this one too.
    I put this app on my phone a long time ago but never did anything with it. My longtime friend told me to check it out a few weeks ago. So I did & did nothing with it.
    Yesterday I decided it is time. So I checked it out again & am on Day 2. My MFP BFF has lost 16 lbs- you go girl!!
    Hopefully this is the time & the place for my weight loss journey. Feel free to check in on me to see if I am sticking to it. I will do my best. I am very excited about it...but it is only Day 2. Hopefully I will still be posting on Day 122 & Day 502 with some rockin results!! Only time will tell. GOOD LUCK TO ALL-

I have been trying to lose weight for about 30 years. That is why I ask how long til I give up on this one too.

Ok first off you need to not even talk like that. You are sabotaging yourself. Whenever you plan on giving up that becomes your goal to well give up. Start out by not even setting long term goals. Start with weekly goals or even daily goals and start achieving those first. You need to see some success to want to keep going and by setting your goals to far out you are losing sight of them. So start small and get some success and excitement under your belt and then make some longer goals.. start with a day then a week then a month then a year. Short term ones leave room for life to happen. GO GET EM!!! =0) Lets rock this! Add me if you want.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to help you get to your destination if you are ready and serious about losing the weight. I'm starting my third week here, everyone is so encouraging and helpful. You can do this if you have a positive attitude and make that commitment. Hope to see you celebrating soon!! Feel free to friend me.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Change your mindset! Never ever anticipate failure. Thinking like that is basically giving up with out even trying.

It took me till I was turning 40 to finally go for it, and here I am :) There is no magic motivational wisdom to give other than, you just gotta do it. There is nothing special about the people who have done it, other than the fact that they actually did it. You can do it too, but you have to actually do it ;)
  • meant2bemj
    meant2bemj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A quote that a MFP stated to me a couple of days ago and has become one of my favorite quotes is "the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" Well you've already taken a step forward, so just keep it up!!! congrats!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is truly a wonderful site. You will make many supporting friends & you WILL lose. All it takes is dedication; watch what you eat & log everything everyday. When possible, stay away from processed foods, canned foods, & fast foods. Exercise is GREAT but in my opinion, as long as you stay under your calorie goal, you'll lose the weight, just not as fast.

Good luck in your weightloss journey. If you are in need of an extra motivator/supporter, hit me up w/ a friend request.

Enjoy your day & happy eating! =)
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Show up everyday and log your food....and fluids.....and start walking 10 minutes a day for a week, then add a little more time or add something different.

Two sayings I like: Not sure who said it first......
    Skinny feels better than food tastes.....Maybe I'm just not skinny enough yet...or maybe food is my comfort, and it just feels too good to eat.

What you eat in private shows in public.........Makes me think harder about eating more/again.

Hope this helps.
  • tinytots3
    tinytots3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. it's slow but steady with this program because it doesn't all fall off in one week... but everyone I know who has used it for a month.... Well I can see it! They have lost a lot and are looking better every month. I also have tried and tried to loose weight. commentment is the key. Let us know how you are doing.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    :sad: i know just how you feel,
  • ljmozo49
    ljmozo49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am the SAME exactly. I am 50 years old next week and have been up and down with my weight, but no permanent success. I love Weight Watchers, but can't seem to stay on that either. I know it is a matter of mind set and am really not sure why I can't seem to stay on a program. Please stay focused, if not for yourself, do it for me too. I haven't decided to do this or WW again, but will make a decision this weekend. Good luck to you.
    Laurie
  • madbeach9
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate (& need) the encouragement.
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I have had the same problem, a few weeks then giving up for years. I'm just starting out and after one week the small successes and encouragement keep me motivated and excited to continue! Add me as a friend if you want!