Do you think you will still track when you Maintain?

Options
2»

Replies

• stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I plan on tracking once I get where I want to be. I've lost weight before and gained it right back by going back to my old habits. I'm trying to look at it from a different angle this time. I'm trying to change my eating and exercise habits in a manner that I can maintain long term. Unfortunately, I know myself well enought that if I don't keep track of things and hold myself accountable then I'll start putting the weight back on.
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    As of a month or so ago I don't log calories anymore, but I still weigh every morning (as I did the whole time I was in weight loss mode.) I had been logging since December, so if I haven't learned by now what to eat and how much, I'll never learn, lol! I've actually lost about 3 more lbs since I stopped logging, though, so I'm actually having to make it a point to eat MORE, not less. Strange feeling.
  • nilla128
    nilla128 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My husband already thinks I have OCD with all the tracking but to be honest I quite enjoy it! It's no different to him being on Twitter all the damn time! :p

Me too! I've traded in my facebook time for MFP, it's far more interesting!
  • pixycats
    pixycats Posts: 62
    Options
    I've been maintaining for the last monthish, and I wasn't really tracking. I can tell now, and I'm trying to be better about it. It's definitely harder to find the motivation to track when you're where you want to be. But I have to keep reminding myself that I want to stay here too!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for 10 months. Some days I track. Some days I don't. It's that simple.