How long did it take?
  • Shelbug65
    Shelbug65 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Brag away! Great job!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Yes you can tell a big difference! 34 lbs. lost is awesome and you look great!!! Congrats to you! And your little girl is precious!
  • kamm602
    kamm602 Posts: 18
    Options
    You look great!!! Keep on going!!! Before you know it you will wonder who the person in the first picture is?!?!?!?!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    You look fantastic! And so much younger and healthier too! :)
  • EyeAye
    EyeAye Posts: 8
    Options
    You look great! Conratulations!
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much - it is so inspiring to have people make such wonderful comments - makes me want to run to the gym and work out for hours. :)

Someone asked how long it took - I started my lifestyle change a few days before April 1st, 2011, but I didn't start monitoring anything until April 1st. My father had a heart attack last year, and I am the spitting image of him (he, btw, is fine). What scared me most about it was that he had finally made a lifestyle change of his own about a year before, and had gotten down to a really good weight for him, had gotten off all his BP meds, his cholesterol meds, everything - then bam. And I was completely freaked out - I mean, that will be me in 20 years. So I figured I would reduce those chances by getting down to a healthier weight 20 years before he did. I don't have high BP, but I'm sure I was headed that way. I do have high cholesterol, but am hoping to get that under control in the next year.

Again, thank you everyone - this site is an inspiration, and I couldn't appreciate all the support more!!!
  • GlenniesiaPerriman
    Options
    GOD BLESS U GIRL U LOOK FABULOUS AND DONT LET NO ONE TAKE THAT JOY AWAY FROM U. AS FOR ME CAN U PLEASE GIVE ME SOME TIPS BCUZ IT IS A CONSTANT STRUGGLE FOR ME.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!! That you've done so well and also you can SEE it!! It's amazing when your brain finally computes that you are smaller in a pic! lol

Well done and keep up the great progress - look forward to more pics in the future!
  • Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference. Awesome work!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You should feel good about yourself! 34 pounds is a lot to lose and you are looking great!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely see a big difference!! Great job to you!!
  • sahalcomb
    sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I can see the difference immediately! You've worked hard & deserve to brag a little! Way to go...keep it up! :)
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You have every right to brag about that success!!! Congratulations and way to go. It feels so good doesn't it?
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    You can see a difference ... shoulders, waist, hips, thighs!! You look WONDERFUL!
    Quiet an inspiration for me, since I am mirroring your start weight!! Give me something to look forward too!! Keep up the great work!! Glad Dad is well!!
  • Adbrown1956
    Adbrown1956 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    you look great keep up tha amazing work!!!! :)
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    wow, you look awesome. I bet you can now see/feel more bones and see more viens on ypour body. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!