Bumping

Options
2»

Replies

• alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I bump to put recipe in my topics til I get back to my own computer (with recipe folder like other posters suggested).
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Too bad Microsoft only gave me a trial of Word...not gonna give "the man" anymore money! hehehe

No kidding! I often use a PDF printer (you can get one for free like bullzip.pdf from http://download.cnet.com/). That way I can print web pages to PDFs and save them in a "recipes" folder. I've accumulated enough that my "recipes" folder is full of subfolders for main dishes, salads, sides, etc. The best part? I don't need to worry about messing up a cookbook in the kitchen. I just print a page, cook with it, and tuck it into a binder when I'm done (if it's not too icky...). LOL
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I don't bump all that many recipes (half of the ingredients aren't available in the UK), but if I really fancy something I will keep bumping until I've made it, recording the recipe on mfp in the process. Then I comment on how it went, then I leave the thread alone.

The traffic on mfp is so fast I think any bumping is justified. It took me ages to find the superb Maintenance Thread, so I do bump that whenever I fear it's disappearance.

Search is another option. Some day I'll search homemade peanut butter cups. Why not google? I prefer mfp :laugh:
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Too bad Microsoft only gave me a trial of Word...not gonna give "the man" anymore money! hehehe

Check out Open Office . It's free software that is very similar to and compatible with office. http://www.openoffice.org/
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I thought that I would see some recipes on this msg board, but unfortubatel, all I see is an argument about "bumping".
    Guess I will try again later.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I thought that I would see some recipes on this msg board, but unfortubatel, all I see is an argument about "bumping".
    Guess I will try again later.

And I thought this would be a reply to a thread about bumping etiquette. Ah well... Can't please everyone.